Home

Call me crazy...but

This is a discussion on Call me crazy...but within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5
Call me crazy...but

Am I the only one thinking about getting NCAA 09 for the PS2 this year?

I've played NCAA 08 for the ps3 and I've tried the 09 demo...but I also owned NCAA 08 for the ps2. I noticed that the NCAA 09 demo is much better than NCAA 08, but...I really feel that the ps2 version of NCAA 08 (and from what I read..09) has a deeper engine and more realistic gameplay. Am I the only one?

Of course it doesn't look as good, and I will miss out on online dynasty (more of a single player dynasty guy anyway,) but I really don't know if I will find any ps2 rosters floating around. That's almost a deal-breaker for me.

What about anyone else? Anyone feel the same way as I do? Anybody think I'm nuts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Call me crazy...but

Nope, you'll be the only one
Old 06-24-2008, 10:40 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Hey Crazy
Old 06-24-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

DUDE YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-24-2008, 10:47 PM   #5
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 10:48 PM   #6
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

That looks like Saddam!!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:49 PM   #7
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Come on guys don't spam threads for those of us who aren't kissing EA's butts, buying their next-gen crap every year

No dude you are not alone, if I get this game I will not be getting it for my PS3, rather getting the PS2 version to play on my PS3. I have both last gen and next gen versions of 08 and I must say last gen is WAY more fun than next gen, it was definitely a waste of my money.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:15 PM   #8
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Lol, well it looks like most of you guys think I'm nuts. That's alright. But like BigDmo said, NCAA 08 plays so much better on the ps2, I just have a feeling that 09 will be the same way.

I'm definitely going to rent both first to test my theory. From what I played of NCAA 08 on the ps3..it was fun...but it didn't compare to the number of hours I logged with it on ps2.

After comparing both, it still seems to me like the player movements and overall gameplay are better on the ps2 version of 08 than the ps3 09 demo. (Of course, it's just a demo. That's why I said I'll have to rent first to decide.)

Plus, the little things make a big difference to me. The slow down when having to re-order the depth charts, the bowl game and conf. championship endzones, the overall presentation...I just don't know if the ps3 version will address any of this stuff. (I'm guessing yes for the bowl game and conf. championship stadiums.)

Anyways, just my two cents. Not bashing anything. I can still tell from the demo that ps3 version of 09 will be a step up from the ps3 version of 08.

And BigDmo, since it seems like we're in the vast minority here, let's try to help each other out. If you find any rosters out there for ps2, try to give me a heads up. I'll do the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »