Home

OS Roundtable: NCAA Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: NCAA Demo Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Roundtable: NCAA Demo Impressions

With the NCAA Football 09 demo being out for nearly a week now, it was only natural that this week's Operation Sports Roundtable focuses on the question, "What are your impressions of the NCAA Football 09 demo?" Several of our staff writers here at Operation Sports answered the question, see what they had to say in our NCAA Demo Impressions Roundtable.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
I agree with most of the things you guys said. This is my first itineration of next-gen NCAA Football and it's much different from what I'm used to. Not necessarily in a bad way, just different. I like how the game plays, a lot. But like many of you said, the main beef I have with the demo is presentation. College football might be the most emotional sport in the world, and the game needs to reflect that. You have to be fooled into thinking it's Saturday at the stadium every time you play a game. EA has a ways to go yet on that front.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 25
on Dave's comment about player movement of defense being turned into some combo of fakes that results in a unblocked player, and that being a cheap tactic. isn't that what a defense does, it fakes one look the performs another in order to hopefully get the result of an unblocked rusher?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Curiousity question here. I have both the 360 and Ps3 and downloaded both demos. The 360 is a more complete demo then the PS3 from running animation to throwing the ball ( the ball doesnt rotate during flight on PS3 where as it does on the 360 ) Why is that one demo is more complete then the other? I guess I will be getting the 360 version this year.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
i agree with what you guys said and i would like to know if you guys think this is going to be a great year for football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #6
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
I have played both the PS3 and XBOX 360 demo and the 360 seems more polished and reponsive. One thing I noticed that nobody seems to have mentioned in the quick review, the CPU controlled team still seems to snap the ball way to quick as it was last year. I don't have time to audible and fake blitzes, set hot reads or even read the play. While all of these added features are great for strategy, aren't they rendered useless if you don't how enought time to use them?

Just to be clear, this happened during normal gameplay, not during a hurry-up two minute drill for the CPU.

Peace!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »