Home

EA Sports: Recruiting Guide

This is a discussion on EA Sports: Recruiting Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2008, 11:00 PM   #17
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: EA Sports: Recruiting Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Also guys there will be a playbook PDF that is released in the next couple of weeks.
Nice! Thanks for the update.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:13 AM   #18
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

In 08 I had a freshman safety that I promised playing time. He started, was an AA, won the Thorpe award, and set the single season interception record yet wanted to transfer at the end of the year. I NEVER had a single player transfer or attempt to transfer that did not get a promise of playing time or starting from me. I never used the other promises. That seems like a bug, glitch, or faulty programming to me.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:44 AM   #19
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

If you are playing a another school that is recruiting one of the same guys you are recruiting, does it pay to have the recruit at a game between the two teams... and win obviously?

Say I'm Arkansas and we are recruiting a HB that LSU is recruiting. I invite the kid to this game and we beat LSU, does this help more than having him at any other game that I win?
Old 06-26-2008, 03:09 AM   #20
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Great find. I'm keeping this around for July 15th!
me too. this is very interesting. i love to play cornerback and i hope that when we go to the swap i will win and get the number one corner coming into college. GREAT YEAR FOR FOOTBALL.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 06-26-2008, 07:27 AM   #21
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
If you are playing a another school that is recruiting one of the same guys you are recruiting, does it pay to have the recruit at a game between the two teams... and win obviously?

Say I'm Arkansas and we are recruiting a HB that LSU is recruiting. I invite the kid to this game and we beat LSU, does this help more than having him at any other game that I win?

Not a definite answer here but I don't think it does. I never really noticed losing having an effect at all unless you lost so much you dropped a star in your prestige. If I spent the time with a guy, and had a pitch or two that that happened to be elite that I could hard sell, I could get him with Ole Miss, nearly every time. I think the better the visit grade, it will bump his interest up more, but not all that much more. It's all about how much time you spend IMO. One guy above said, maybe the guy wanted more exposure at another school. Well, that does make sense, but there is hardly ever a reason why he leaves. That is a legitimate one, but how would we ever know for sure.

I was bored and tested the promises. PT was the only reason for guys leaving. I guess no redshirting would fall under that as well, but they didn't do it every time. I promised all the others, a game in homestate, Frosh AA, Top 10 first year, beat rivals, etc, and no one left because I broke those. I broke a lot of them. I'd have 20 or so promises broken a year and my coaching integrity was near perfect. I was really bored when I tried this, but that's how it was.

I would promise a K or a P Freshman AA, not promise them PT, and I'd reshirt them, and after their redshirt year, it would show that I broke my promise when the guy still has a year to play as a FR. I don't remember anyone transferring for recruiting over their position either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2008, 07:53 AM   #22
Rookie

jk5911's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Not a definite answer here but I don't think it does. I never really noticed losing having an effect at all unless you lost so much you dropped a star in your prestige. If I spent the time with a guy, and had a pitch or two that that happened to be elite that I could hard sell, I could get him with Ole Miss, nearly every time. I think the better the visit grade, it will bump his interest up more, but not all that much more. It's all about how much time you spend IMO. One guy above said, maybe the guy wanted more exposure at another school. Well, that does make sense, but there is hardly ever a reason why he leaves. That is a legitimate one, but how would we ever know for sure.

I was bored and tested the promises. PT was the only reason for guys leaving. I guess no redshirting would fall under that as well, but they didn't do it every time. I promised all the others, a game in homestate, Frosh AA, Top 10 first year, beat rivals, etc, and no one left because I broke those. I broke a lot of them. I'd have 20 or so promises broken a year and my coaching integrity was near perfect. I was really bored when I tried this, but that's how it was.

I would promise a K or a P Freshman AA, not promise them PT, and I'd reshirt them, and after their redshirt year, it would show that I broke my promise when the guy still has a year to play as a FR. I don't remember anyone transferring for recruiting over their position either.

LOL, Houston Nutt is going to fit right in at Ole Miss. Thats the kind of stuff he did all the time at Arkansas.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

I never noticed that glitch (360)...

but I HAAATTTE the recruits that go from the "Big Grin" to "Hang UP" on one pitch... and it turns out to be their "Most" or "Very High"...

happens to pitches that my school may have Elite,Great,Excellent status too...
Old 06-26-2008, 09:18 AM   #24
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Also guys there will be a playbook PDF that is released in the next couple of weeks.
That'll be awesome.

Thanks for the link Solidice. I'm glad to see some of that info in writing.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »