Home

EA Sports: Recruiting Guide

This is a discussion on EA Sports: Recruiting Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2008, 09:49 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: EA Sports: Recruiting Guide

Thanks for the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Also guys there will be a playbook PDF that is released in the next couple of weeks.
Nice!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #26
Rookie

ronaldc33's Arena

OVR: 3

Can't say there was much there that I wasn't already aware of but at this point any information is good information.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:44 AM   #27
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk5911
LOL, Houston Nutt is going to fit right in at Ole Miss. Thats the kind of stuff he did all the time at Arkansas.
haha. I've heard of that kind of thing happening up there before. I like Petrino but there's no doubt who has the most shady coach of them all now.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #28
Rookie

newper77's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Several of the pitch opinions are locked, and it’s up to you to attempt to sway the prospects opinion of any unlocked pitch to be more in line with what your school has to offer. If the prospect likes campus atmosphere but that’s not one of your strong points
you can work to sway his opinion of that pitch in an attempt to lower his importance rating for that pitch. Conversely, if you are strong in an area that the prospect doesn’t really care about swaying him to care more about that pitch will help your schools
chances at signing the prospect.
This is one area where I'd be interested to hear how others approach the game. For me, I'll get my list of players I am interested to recruit and then just start at the top. When I am calling them I'm looking first and foremost to unlock the "Most" important attribute. After I've found that, I look to find the two "Very High"s. I believe that there is a max of two "Very High"s available per recruit. When I've unlocked them all and only one has shown "Very High", I've been able to sway the recruits opinion on one of the "High"s to "Very High." From there on, I generally just hammer home the "Most" and the "Very High"s.

Has anyone done like they said above and worked on the "Least"s? Like say your school has a poor academic reputation and that is the prospects least concern.
Prospect: Yo coach, I ain't worried about gettin' any real education -- I just wanna play ball.
Coach: Excellent! Our teachers are some of the worst you'll find in the nation! I have no doubt you'll graduate as stupid as you were when you arrived as a freshman.

Or how about Campus Lifestyle:
Prospect: I'm not interested in doing a lot of partying while I am at school. I'm there to learn and play football.
Coach: Great! Believe me, there's never anything going on here anyway. During the offseason, you'll want to drive back to your hometown after your last Friday class! You won't be able to wait for summer because you will be so bored with the lack of activities the school offers!

I'm being a little silly here, but you get the point. Some of the categories would allow a coach not to sound stupid (Tradition -- "We don't have a long tradition of football here -- we want you to start one."; Prestige -- "You may not know my name today, but the world will know both our names when we're holding up that Pac-10 championship trophy your Senior year!") but it still seems foolish to me to emphasize your schools weaknesses, regardless of how the recruit feels about it.

I'll preface this by saying in 08, I've only recruited about 6 classes and have only done it versus the computer with a high degree of success... so I'm wondering if anyone has had success with the Poor -- Least combo?
Old 06-26-2008, 11:47 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 8

This is a nice guide but it's all the same stuff from last year as far as I can tell. Actually it seems like there was a guide much like this one last year. Maybe it was actually the same one.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:00 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 16

I wonder if they changed it in 09 because i found it was easier to move up on a players interest lvl or get them to commit buy pounding there "most" until they hang up a week or two of that and they would usually sign.

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:18 PM   #31
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk5911
LOL, Houston Nutt is going to fit right in at Ole Miss. Thats the kind of stuff he did all the time at Arkansas.
at least ole miss will have a head coach past week 6!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just hope that how you rank the players isn't factored into their interest level. For me that was the worst part about the recruiting last year. You spend a lot of time just finding the guys you want but then having to go and rank them and constantly rearranging the order was frustratingly tideous.

I understand ranking the guys if you are going to have the computer recruit for you, but having the recruits know where they are ranked on your board seems a bit stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »