Home

EA Sports: Recruiting Guide

This is a discussion on EA Sports: Recruiting Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #33
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: EA Sports: Recruiting Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
at least ole miss will have a head coach past week 6!!!
Don't worry, Nutt will get his lesbian friends to drive off your state's most heralded QB.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:32 PM   #34
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
Don't worry, Nutt will get his lesbian friends to drive off your state's most heralded QB.
our states most heralded qb is already committed to bama. http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=3024151
what are you talking about?

And if you're talking about Oklahoma the only qb who committed to Ole Miss from Oklahoma is Nathan Stanley
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewpros...=55109&Sport=1
My team played him last year and beat his team at home for the first time in 5 years. We picked this guy off 5 times, count 'em 5. If I wasn't a d-end I would've probably gotten one, lol.

Last edited by auburntigersfan; 06-26-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:43 PM   #35
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
What does that mean? Are you talking about Mustain? There's been so much drama from that whole deal that I don't know what to believe and I'm sure I haven't heard everything. What's the deal with lesbians?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #36
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyred05
I just hope that how you rank the players isn't factored into their interest level. For me that was the worst part about the recruiting last year. You spend a lot of time just finding the guys you want but then having to go and rank them and constantly rearranging the order was frustratingly tideous.

I understand ranking the guys if you are going to have the computer recruit for you, but having the recruits know where they are ranked on your board seems a bit stupid.
I'm pretty sure ranking order still plays a pretty big part in determining the interest level for recruits. Now you're right when you say that players knowing the exact order of your board is unrealistic, but I think its a reasonable simulation of what happens in real life.

If you follow recruiting intently, you know that recruits and fans seem to have a pretty accurate sense of who the most important targets for a particular school are. There is no way to really mimic that in a game other then by creating an actual hierarchy.

They have added some additional filters that allow you to more easily rearrange your board, so that should alleviate some of the tedium.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yea, I understand the publicity that comes with recruiting, I just felt that it was a bit over done last year. I already had to decide how many points I am going to spend on each player but then I had to make sure people were in the right ranking slot. Sure, a coach would have to do this but he also has assistants and scouts to help him out.

Anways, I would be a lot happier if I'm at least able to rank the players by position. So centers are compared to centers and corners are compared to corners.

Last edited by phillyred05; 06-26-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:57 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Promises aren't the only thing that effects a transfer desire. That isn't a bug, he had other reasons.
Well maybe it was just me, but the only attempted transfers I ever had was a decent rated player who was buried in the depth chart or the players I made promises to.

Even then, it would be nice if the recruit gave some more specific feedback on why he's leaving......... like if he's leaving because of location, he'll say, "I thought I wasn't going to be so homesick, but I am." or if he's leaving because of lack of wins, "I thought I was joining the best of the best. Guess I was wrong! See ya!" I don't think that would be the worst thing in the world to add for the next installment (2010). Maybe a player morale slider for each player would be fitting.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 06-26-2008, 07:57 PM   #39
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaHataSupreme
Well maybe it was just me, but the only attempted transfers I ever had was a decent rated player who was buried in the depth chart or the players I made promises to.

Even then, it would be nice if the recruit gave some more specific feedback on why he's leaving......... like if he's leaving because of location, he'll say, "I thought I wasn't going to be so homesick, but I am." or if he's leaving because of lack of wins, "I thought I was joining the best of the best. Guess I was wrong! See ya!" I don't think that would be the worst thing in the world to add for the next installment (2010). Maybe a player morale slider for each player would be fitting.
I agree. I won the Groza with a K (another issue altogether as I don't know anyone who doesn't win that) and the guy wanted to leave after i had promised him playing time.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #40
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
What does that mean? Are you talking about Mustain? There's been so much drama from that whole deal that I don't know what to believe and I'm sure I haven't heard everything. What's the deal with lesbians?
The woman who wrote the emails to Mustain was a close, close Nutt family friend. She is a lesbian, but that really has nothing to do with what happened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »