Home

Online Dynasty questions and answers from those who know!

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty questions and answers from those who know! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Online Dynasty questions and answers from those who know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
no, but i guess they can send messages to you through Live(I'm guessing your going to be playing it on 360). also when your in your online dynasty menus, you can voice chat with everyone that connected to it at the time. or you could try and get your people to a forum and you could make a thread for them to post it in, or they can email them to you.
With my dynasty, I set up a simple message board for people to post in, so we can discuss the rules we want and to set up games when we get started.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:36 AM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurredvision
With my dynasty, I set up a simple message board for people to post in, so we can discuss the rules we want and to set up games when we get started.
I'm planning on doing that in my dynasty ... but I figure it would be easier to find a site to host a message board outside of EA/NCAA/etc. to do so. I just don't really know what the easiest way to do this would be. What are you and others doing?
Old 07-05-2008, 12:53 AM   #59
Rookie

ok I found the answer to my last question and then this thread kinda died out but I think it's a good one ... and I got another question.

I heard through the grapevine that conference invites would not occur in online dynasty. However, I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about players transferring teams ...I can't see why not ... but I'd like to know for sure.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #60
Rookie

SevenArmz's Arena

Online Dynasty Q&A

Do we have an online dynasty Q&A thread? I did a search and found nothing related. Did not want to start posting a bunch of questions if they have already been asked and answered. I know the game isnt out, but im sure there are guys who had an early build or something. Maybe the EA guys that visit this board can shed some light.
UNC Basketball - 1957, 1982, 1993, 2005, 2009
NY Mets - 1969, 1986
Old 07-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #61
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Online Dynasty Q&A

well i don't have the game, but these are some that have been confirmed or announced.(some are from Ben who is posting at ncaastrategies.com) others, i just paraphrase or gave my answer. will update when i get time/more Q&A's, etc...

Q: How many player can there be in an online dynasty?

A: Anywhere from 2-12 can be in an online dynasty.

Q: Is there a limit to how many online dynasties you can be apart of?

A: you can only be the commissioner of 1 online dynasty, and can join up to 5 online dynasties.(5 total)

Q: Can someone on a PS3 and someone on a Xbox 360 be in the same online dynasty?

A: no, online dynasties are exclusive to each platform.

Q: How long do online dynasties last?

just like the offline dynasty, you can play up to 60 years.

Q: Are we able to change are schedules?

A: yes, but only the out-of-conference games can be changed. The commissioner is the only one that can change the schedules.

Q: Can you get fired in an online dynasty? What about job offers?

A: no, you can not. however, the commissioner can switch the team you play for if you ever want to switch. you can not receive any jobs offers either.

Q: Can you change conferences in an online dynasty? conference invites?

A: no, you can not customize conferences nor can you receive conference invites.

Q: Can multiple players play in the same online dynasty while on the same console?

A: (from BEN) "yes, multiple users can participate in an online dynasty on the same console. While only one user can be signed into the dynasty at a time, the user will have the option to set an "offline password" which they will be able to enter in order to play their user vs. user online dynasty game offline. The reason for the password is to prevent one user from playing the game offline without the other user's consent."

Q: Will the online dynasty stats be posted at EASW?

A: (From BEN) "Online Dynasty Stats will not be tracked as a part of EASW, that is something we are looking into adding for next year, but turned into a much larger task then originally planned and will not make it in for NCAA09. As for the stats that will be tracked, we will track the same stat categories that Madden tracks for EASW (total games played, W/L, Avg. Rushing yards/game, Avg. Passing yards/game, 3rd down %, Avg. time of possession, etc.)"

Q: Can you use custom sliders/rosters in an online dynasty?

A: yes, the commissioner chooses what rosters to use when creating the online dynasty. The commissioner is also in charge of difficulty levels/sliders. They can be changed during the season, however, when he/she does change it, it does not go into effect until the following week. to prevent any kind of cheating being done by the commissioner playing on a lower level.

Q: Can you use alternate uniforms in an online dynasty? even in user vs user game?

A: yes, you can use alternate uniforms in an online dynasty, with the CPU and in user games.

Q: Can we save depth charts and audibles for an online dynasty?

A: Yes, both the depth chart and audibles can be saved on an online dynasty.

Q: Can multiple players use the same team in an online dynasty?

A: no, you can not use co-op in an online dynasty, you can do co-op in an offline dynasty.

Q: Are we able to edit our player in an online dynasty? and will other users be able to see them when we play in a user vs. user game?

A: yes, you can still edit a player's bio/equipment/appearance, and the other user will be able to see them and just like in an offline dynasty, you still can not edit a players ratings or class in an online dynasty.

Q: Are we able to spectate other user's games?

A: no, you can not view other player's games.

Q: Can you save the draft classes from an online dynasty to import into Madden '09?

A: Yes, each member will have the option to save the draft classes to use in Madded '09.

Q: What conference is Western Kentucky going to be in?

A: WKU will be an Independent school for NCAA '09. They don't officiall join the Sunbelt until the 2009-2010 season. They will also not be automatically switch to the Sunbelt conference after year one in a dynasty. however, in an offline dynasty, they can be invited to a conference to replace a team.

Q: What happens if someone gets disconnected during an online dynasty user vs. user game?

A: (from Ben) "if your opponent disconnects you will have the ability to continue vs. the CPU and use that game result as the game result for both opponents. you will also have the option of quitting and not counting that game (i.e. willing to play the game again).

In addition to this, we've added a way to deal with a situation where one user had a legit disconnect, and the other user completed the game, but both users want to play the game again rather than take the result of the disconnected game. In this situation the user that didn't finish the game can send a game invite to their opponent, the opponent can either decline the invite (i.e. keep the result of the disconnected game) or accept the invite, which will toss out the previous result and allow the users to play their online game again."

Q: How does the Weather for online dynasty work?

A: It uses the same weather system as the offline dynasty does.

Q: Will there be a chance for lag or disconnects during user vs. CPU games in an online dynasty?

A: no, games vs. the CPU are played offline in an online dynasty.

Q: Can the commish tell how many times a person disconnected from a game? (example....human vs. cpu, and human keeps starting over to keep from losing)

A: yes, everyone will be able to see how many time a person has restarted a certain game.

Q: Can the commish throw out game results?

A: Yes, he can also sim the game as well or set a human controlled team to be controlled by the CPU.

Q: Can the schedules and redshirts be edited in the very first year of Dynasty?

A: Yes, you will be able go through the pre-season activities including redshirting and setting schedules during an online dynasty.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

Last edited by Solidice; 07-08-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #62
Rookie

braveseddie's Arena

Great stuff Solidice, I only have one question. A few weeks back someone posted that you could not receive job offers, using the no conference invites answer as their backing. I saw that you cant be fired, but is there any confirmation either way on job offers? Thanks
Old 07-07-2008, 09:02 PM   #63
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveseddie
Great stuff Solidice, I only have one question. A few weeks back someone posted that you could not receive job offers, using the no conference invites answer as their backing. I saw that you cant be fired, but is there any confirmation either way on job offers? Thanks
yes, the job offers goes along with the not being fire part, I'll add it in to be more clear. the job offers had the same problem the conference invites had apparently.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-07-2008, 10:09 PM   #64
Rookie

braveseddie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
yes, the job offers goes along with the not being fire part, I'll add it in to be more clear. the job offers had the same problem the conference invites had apparently.
Damn, hate to hear that. Thanks for the reply tho

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »