Home

Here's a reason I have trouble with ea and NCAA 09 09

This is a discussion on Here's a reason I have trouble with ea and NCAA 09 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Here's a reason I have trouble with ea and NCAA 09 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_BE
If you don't like it, don't buy it, it's really that simple.
you missed the point

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #26
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish
I don't think money is the issue(ONLY issue) with these 'missing' last gen things. Its about a 24 hour clock and only having ONE shift that works 6 days a week on them.
This is precisely why I wish they would move to a bi-yearly release cycle instead of the yearly cycle. If they gave themselves 2 years between each game, they could get more gameplay bugs and issues resolved and add more features. The yearly release cycle is what I think really holds these games back.

I might ask about this in the Q&A thread just to see what Adam thinks about it.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #27
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

hey jdrhammer you are just buying he wrong game. they didn't leave any of the features you love out. you should of bought the game for ps2/xbox. and should again this year. so we don't have to listen to your perfect world storys. you know what you are getting with the new consoles and you don't like it. good thing they still make the game you love on ps2. go buy it!
Old 06-28-2008, 03:41 PM   #28
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
hey jdrhammer you are just buying he wrong game. they didn't leave any of the features you love out. you should of bought the game for ps2/xbox. and should again this year. so we don't have to listen to your perfect world storys. you know what you are getting with the new consoles and you don't like it. good thing they still make the game you love on ps2. go buy it!
That sounds perfect Dave Ramsey. I appreciate the advice. My old PS2 played out on me. I wasn't going back and buying a PS2 when we'd already had one version of the game out for over a year on next-gen. I've gone next-gen and I'll make requests and give feedback just as everyone else does on this board. If you don't like my opinion, don't read it or respond to it. I don't tell you to not like the game. There are parts I love about the next gen games and things I dislike about last-gen. Neither are perfect. However, I get sick of guys acting like they work for EA or are best friends with people from EA when someone has a negative opinion of the something about the game or the process. Everyone just gang-tackles someone just because they don't see eye to eye. I'll never ever say another negative word about a game. EVER. That way you and your kind can believe it is a perfect world. What a joke.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 34

EA has done some things that I do not like. Such as releasing an atrocity like NBA Live 07 for example.

But the thing that everyone seems to like to forget is this: At the begining of the whole "next gen" thing, EA was VERY upfront about stating that they were basically treating these games like brand new series...meaning that they were going to strip them down, and build them back up for the current platforms.

They were very clear about this.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:44 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Nice one. Did you think of that all by yourself. Never heard that one before. I never said I didn't like it, there are just parts that irritate me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
you missed the point
Fine, I'll bite... So you're probably going to buy the game anyway right? Then what exactly is the point of getting frustrated over features that you already know aren't going to be in the game? If you just accept it, you'll enjoy 09 a whole lot more.

Pls note that I'm not saying we as customers should just accept whatever EA publishes. There are plenty of threads available where the community and the developers are communicating with eachother in an effort to improve the EA games for 2010. But for 09, that's just impossible, that game is finished and there's nothing we can do about that, we either buy it or we don't.

And if your suggestion that the 09 game shouldn't have gone gold yet somehow implies that the developers should have added "footprints" in the next two weeks, then I don't know how we can help you. That's just not realistic.

If I'm going to spend $60 on a game, I'd rather enjoy myself with the positives then focusing on the negatives and getting all frustrated about it. But hey, that's just me.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #31
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

See, on this issue I am torn. I curse EA for getting the exclusive license, and for nearly two and a half years after EA cheated us by taking over the NFL series I never bought an EA game. Now that we have had THREE years to get a lot of the stuff back in the game, there are still no refs, there is still no progressive lighting, and these things that were once standard are getting pushed aside.

I will say I am ready to buy this version because it looks like it will be worth $60, but there is still a long way to go before this game is perfect. EA, you may have a good game here, but you still have a LONG way to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2008, 05:37 PM   #32
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_BE
Fine, I'll bite... So you're probably going to buy the game anyway right? Then what exactly is the point of getting frustrated over features that you already know aren't going to be in the game? If you just accept it, you'll enjoy 09 a whole lot more.

Pls note that I'm not saying we as customers should just accept whatever EA publishes. There are plenty of threads available where the community and the developers are communicating with eachother in an effort to improve the EA games for 2010. But for 09, that's just impossible, that game is finished and there's nothing we can do about that, we either buy it or we don't.

And if your suggestion that the 09 game shouldn't have gone gold yet somehow implies that the developers should have added "footprints" in the next two weeks, then I don't know how we can help you. That's just not realistic.

If I'm going to spend $60 on a game, I'd rather enjoy myself with the positives then focusing on the negatives and getting all frustrated about it. But hey, that's just me.
I can agree with that. I never mentioned anything about whether or not it should go gold yet, but I think that's mostly right. I enjoy them most of the time, just needed to vent. The directional LA guy taught me a lesson. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »