Home

Am I a dinosaur?

This is a discussion on Am I a dinosaur? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #9
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Am I a dinosaur?

I don't but a good friend of mine does. He's about to make the jump to next-gen and says he just can't do it. He's pretty tough too.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 26

I feel like I have so much more control with the d-pad. I've played around with the analog but just don't feel at home with it. I'm worried about the day that the d-pad won't be available, a la CollegeHoops2k
Old 06-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #11
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

i use the d pad on a 'if available' basis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #12
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

I gradually became an analog guy. I was raised with the NES, so it took a while, but I think the sheer horror of the 360 d-pad did the trick for me.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #13
stewaat

OVR:

Halo changed me into a stick user. The d-pad was the best for sports games but I can't go back now.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #14
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
I feel like I have so much more control with the d-pad. I've played around with the analog but just don't feel at home with it. I'm worried about the day that the d-pad won't be available, a la CollegeHoops2k
I don't remember it taking me that long to get used to it. I can't remember what game it was it's been so long that I made the switch. My friend comes over every now and then to practice since he's making the switch and still uses d-pad. Something I notice is that there are times when he doesn't cut up field as well and gets tackled before he can break a play open. Keep in mind that he's a serious gamer and is good, but he's missing out. The players are too jerky when using d-pad and I can weave in and out of traffic using analog. I still don't know that he'll change, and I'm not saying anyone's right or wrong, but IMO I think the d-pad limits movement a little and costs you over time.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 25

I never used the D-Pad, but then again I'm part of the "new generation" of gamers. I'm still in HS, so I grew up with the Nintendo 64 and the analog there. When I got a PS2, the D-pad just didn't feel right to me, and the Xbox/360 pretty much locked in that feeling, espescially with FPS's like the Halo trilogy..

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2008, 07:39 PM   #16
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

i can't say for sure, but i don't think dinosaurs can type or use a PC.

once i got a dual shock on PSOne, i never used the d-pad unless the game made you use it, although the analogs for PS1 and 2(havent play with PS3 so I'm not going to judge it without trying it first) were uncomfortable to me. and for the xbox controller, its just natural to use the analog sticks as its just more useful and comfortable to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »