Home

In-game XMB will be released on Wednesday for PS3 users

This is a discussion on In-game XMB will be released on Wednesday for PS3 users within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2008, 11:50 PM   #9
Rookie

worldb's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: In-game XMB will be released on Wednesday for PS3 users

"Source, PLEASE?"

Problem solved.
:-)
Old 07-01-2008, 12:10 AM   #10
Rookie

Although sony is moving in the right direction or "catching up". The fact remains that the game is still built on the 360 and ported over to the ps3 (at least this year). Maybe this will be the last time the 360 will be the lead platform...
Old 07-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnzworth
Although sony is moving in the right direction or "catching up". The fact remains that the game is still built on the 360 and ported over to the ps3 (at least this year). Maybe this will be the last time the 360 will be the lead platform...
I'm being serious when I ask the question:

What is different when the game is ported to the PS3? I thought it would be the same game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 02:18 PM   #12
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

Basically, Sony got WAY too creative with the PS3. Their "core" hardware design makes it so that for games to take advantage of the PS3's hardware, the game needs to be written specifically for the PS3.

When they "port" games from the 360 to the PS3, they're taking the 360's hardware calls (graphics, memory management, etc), and changing it to PS3 hardware calls. However, because the game was originally written for "general purpose" CPU's (360), the game won't take advantage of the PS3's specific cores. That's why the PS3 will, for most games, lag a little behind, or right alongside, the 360 games. This is also one reason why The Show looks incredible on the PS3, because it was written specifically for it.

Anyway, the game logic is identical between the systems (or at least CAN be identical), it's just the hardware calls that need to be changed.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:57 PM   #13
Rookie

worldb's Arena

"the game needs to be written specifically for the PS3"

I wish...
Old 07-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
Basically, Sony got WAY too creative with the PS3. Their "core" hardware design makes it so that for games to take advantage of the PS3's hardware, the game needs to be written specifically for the PS3.

When they "port" games from the 360 to the PS3, they're taking the 360's hardware calls (graphics, memory management, etc), and changing it to PS3 hardware calls. However, because the game was originally written for "general purpose" CPU's (360), the game won't take advantage of the PS3's specific cores. That's why the PS3 will, for most games, lag a little behind, or right alongside, the 360 games. This is also one reason why The Show looks incredible on the PS3, because it was written specifically for it.

Anyway, the game logic is identical between the systems (or at least CAN be identical), it's just the hardware calls that need to be changed.
Oh ok, I gotcha! I hope they switch it around next year.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 25

I'm a huge 360 supporter, and I wish they would start developing games on the PS3 and port to 360. I believe it would seriously help to equal out the quality of the games on both consoles. The whole 360 to PS3 thing doesn't work well at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2008, 03:34 AM   #16
All Star

OVR: 33

If it were created on the PS3, it would not run identically on the 360 because of the ps3's superious power and capabilities.

whilst when its created on the 360, it will be virtually the same on both platforms.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »