Home

Rant: Time & Weather

This is a discussion on Rant: Time & Weather within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #25
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Rant: Time & Weather

I posted this in another thread. More options = more choices = more customization = more happy customers = more $$$$$

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 06:21 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by merg311
I've heard of nitpicking before, but damn, get a grip man! This just seems very minor to me compared to other things that should be perfected.
Obviously then you've never gone to a school like Michigan or Notre Dame where tradition is one of the most important aspects of the college football atmosphere.

I don't want to see night games at ND stadium. It actually is important enough to me that I say PLEASE let us set the time for our games. That wouldn't give any team an advantage.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:35 PM   #27
Rookie

SevenArmz's Arena

OVR: 3

Cant stand Michigan or ND. But i am traditional on some things myself. If there are not night games at any staduim, then make the game so. If its in the game........
I just thought about something. Whatever happen to the Camera platforms that used to be on last gen that the camera men would be sitting on? Not a big deal just something else that was ......In the game!
UNC Basketball - 1957, 1982, 1993, 2005, 2009
NY Mets - 1969, 1986
Old 08-11-2008, 07:24 PM   #28
Rookie

DiabloRobotico34's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm glad I'm not alone on this.

Bring back the time progression.

Please.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #29
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

OVR: 7

doesnt t.v. dictate most times of games? at least thats how it works in the SEC....i guess fake football thats played @ michigan and @ notre dame should be able to set their own times...
Old 08-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #30
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

OMT is God! He makes it rain in every game played in the state of Florida! Discrimination!

Realistic? Play a game full of mascots, thats realistic! LoL!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:06 AM   #31
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
This is done on purpose. If we were to allow this, it would be setting the time on your non-conference games. We certainly wouldn't let you set the weather. We want to make it as realistic as possible.
Then why does the weather always, ALWAYS, skew to the cold. There is a totally unrealistic number of games played in severely cold weather, or snow. You'd think 80% of college football games from the third week in October on are played in the snow.

I have seen far too many sub 50 degree games (some 30 degree games) south of the Mason-Dixon line in Dynasty. Is it typical of Knoxville to be in the 30's and 40's all October?

How about a game in November in Oklahoma at 19 degrees?

I have yet to see a game in Wisconsin in the game in September above 70. I can tell you from experience I have been to many more games 80+ (several 90+) in Wisconsin in September, than I have been to games below 70.

There is maybe only one game a year that is 30 degrees or colder. It is rare to have a game temp at the 20's in Wisconsin.

And in 25 years, I have been to maybe 3 games with snow - and none of those had accumulating amounts. More like flurries or freezing rain/drizzle.

Your weather algorithm is totally messed up.

This is secondary to getting gameplay to be fun, but if you are striving for realism and atmosphere of the college game, you have quite a bit of opportunity for improvement here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 01:37 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccVols
doesnt t.v. dictate most times of games? at least thats how it works in the SEC....i guess fake football thats played @ michigan and @ notre dame should be able to set their own times...
They should if the game does them totally incorrectly. If they made the game schedule the times right, we wouldn't be complaining.

ND is set by NBC, and NBC sets every game for 3:30 pre daylight savings and 2:30 after. ND never, ever plays home games at night, or really any games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »