Home

Rant: Time & Weather

This is a discussion on Rant: Time & Weather within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Icon13 Rant: Time & Weather

The one thing I'm miffed about is that we STILL can't choose time & weather for (offline) Dynasty games.

I'm sorry, but those 6:00 games look ridiculous. Sure, they look good to a point, but playing an entire 4-hour game at 6:00 just ruins the integrity of the whole thing.

3:30 games will be less of an issue, but they've still got a similar problem.

Then there's night games, which I am consistently forced into playing at Michigan Stadium even though there has never been a night game played there.

Point being, I'd just as soon play all my home games at noon to compensate for this, but I can't.

Then there's weather.

Overcast games in particular have been rare popping up for whatever reason in Dynasty, and it doesn't help that they look fantastic. But, again, I have no control over this.

Maybe I'm alone, but there's just a feeling I get when I'm about to play a game of what the time and weather should be. But I have to forgo this feeling in favor of letting the CPU tell me my annual game with OSU is going to be at night in a snowstorm.

I'm sure it's one of those things where if you change it, it will screw with other stuff and that's why it's not in, but it seems like I've been waiting for this "feature" to be included for years, and it's still not here.

It's a small thing, and it sure as hell won't stop me from buying, but honestly, what the hell? This ranks right there with not being able to change player class when editing rosters.

[/rant]

Last edited by Village Idiot; 06-30-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Rant: Time & Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
It's a small thing, and it sure as hell won't stop me from buying, but honestly, what the hell? This ranks right there with not being able to change player class when editing rosters.
at least we got this feature back for '09.

Edit: for the rest, i agree, but i guess us 360/PS3 users just got used to the progressive lighting that wasn't part of the old-gen NCAA(where i think starting in '06 it just went from day to night after halftime?)

hopefully it will be back for 2010.

Last edited by Solidice; 06-30-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Personally, I think the dusk games look just like they did on 2005, and that's really bad. It's like they went backwards again in that regards just like they did that year.

Also, I wish they would've just left the lighting system alone...it looked great in 2008, and especially since they didn't haev time to do it completely right. the only thing that needed to be fixed was the grass texture, and they did that.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Personally, I think the dusk games look just like they did on 2005, and that's really bad. It's like they went backwards again in that regards just like they did that year.

Also, I wish they would've just left the lighting system alone...it looked great in 2008, and especially since they didn't haev time to do it completely right. the only thing that needed to be fixed was the grass texture, and they did that.
I completely agree. Should have never messed with it. Once again we go back to seeing a 6pm game end at 6pm....totally unrealistic. I am pretty sure this will be the only year like this. Hope.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #5
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

Quote:
I'm sure it's one of those things where if you change it, it will screw with other stuff and that's why it's not in ...
By the way, if I'm wrong about this, addressing it in a patch would be welcomed by all, I'm sure.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #6
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
I completely agree. Should have never messed with it. Once again we go back to seeing a 6pm game end at 6pm....totally unrealistic. I am pretty sure this will be the only year like this. Hope.
Well in 2005, they had progressive lighting. So I'm just speaking about the way dusk looked at the start of the game...it was a faded washed out look, but by night it was ok.

Quote:
By the way, if I'm wrong about this, addressing it in a patch would be welcomed by all, I'm sure.

I doubt a patch could fix this, and if it could, it would be HUGE!
Old 06-30-2008, 06:59 PM   #7
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I doubt a patch could fix this ...
Are we talking about the same thing? I'm not saying they can patch in progressive lighting, but that they could patch in our ability to choose time and weather for offline Dyansty games.

Seems like something I'd read in a patch-fixes list: "The user can now select time and weather ..."
Old 06-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Give EA three years and it might be in the year after that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »