Home

Crowd

This is a discussion on Crowd within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2008, 02:52 AM   #1
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
Crowd

One thing that has not impressed me at all is the crowd. They don't move or react "next gen" they don't look or sound like it either (maybe the sound is getting there though). I am not sure if it's been answered, but are crowds going to actually vary in size this year? Or is every game a packed house? It takes away from the realism to be playing @Rice with 70,000 Owl fans (Did you know - all living Rice alumni could not pack Rice Stadium). It'd be real cool to see less attendance at a game where it's been raining, for example, or when your team is having a bad year. It would add a lot to the dynasty. Just seems pretty basic stuff that has been done in many sports games before (including ealier NCAA versions?) but it yet to make it to the 360/PS3 versions. And this isn't one of those "players don't have hand towels" complaints, it's not a little detail, we should expect more realistic and advanced fans than ever before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 02:56 AM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Crowd

yes, '09 will have dynamic attendance. the crowd noise has improved for '09 as well, the crowd in the '09 demo is a lot better than the crowds in '08.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:36 AM   #3
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

Yeah...i'd like to see a student section where people are holding signs and have the crowds jump up and down as 2k does for their college basketball series.....nothing about the crowd impresses me....I'd rather see them put more effort in player entrances and player introduction rather than crowds.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 07-01-2008, 03:43 AM   #4
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

I'd at least like for more crowd interaction than anything else.

I remember back on the old xbox where they'd always go to the fans with some signs. Most fond memory is usually when they accidentally drop it onto the back of the sidelines and just stare down at it.

Being a lazy gamer is one thing but being lazy at gaming is another.
On ODogg's and Stewaat's insincere laziness.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:02 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

I see no fat people in the crowd, and we all know usa dominates in that department.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 11:23 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I just hope all your "advanced crowd" wishes are meant for crown pans. Just know that an increased LOD of the crowd will necessitate a decreased LOD where it really matters, The Field. I'm all for more crowd pans, but I don't think having the crowd looking ultra-realistic from a playing perspective is all that important.

In fact, I'd take an even worse looking crowd for more detailed and animated sidelines.

awful demo - Lonnie1892
Quote:
Me no like game. Graphics make Lonnie puke. Lonnie no play NCAA no more. NCAA=suck. Lonnie=not suck. - AuburnAlumni
Old 07-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWarrior
I just hope all your "advanced crowd" wishes are meant for crown pans. Just know that an increased LOD of the crowd will necessitate a decreased LOD where it really matters, The Field. I'm all for more crowd pans, but I don't think having the crowd looking ultra-realistic from a playing perspective is all that important.

In fact, I'd take an even worse looking crowd for more detailed and animated sidelines
+1 on that.

HD has a price. both consoles weak point is the RAM. and I'm sure thats where EA is hitting their limit on the football titles.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:24 PM   #8
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
Yeah...i'd like to see a student section where people are holding signs and have the crowds jump up and down as 2k does for their college basketball series.....nothing about the crowd impresses me....I'd rather see them put more effort in player entrances and player introduction rather than crowds.
One thing you have to keep in mind is basketball is 10 players where football is 22. You gotta render those guys before the crowd. Then you need to realize the biggest basketball crowd will be 20,000 or so, when the biggest football crowd is 100,000+.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »