Home

Recruiting Tips

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2008, 05:12 PM   #17
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Recruiting Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
So tell me this....I've got an offer out there and he hasn't signed yet...do I still need to call the dude every week?

I'm trying to gage when i can stop calling / harassing guys to sign.....I think that was what I mainly found frustrating.
It depends, if you really want the guy then yes call every week so he wont lose interest and so he doesnt jus take up a offer

Remember it's a video game so you can't ever really "harass" someone into signing jus make sure when u hang up his football is grinning.
I did this in 08 and i got 23 5* in my 2nd season with michigan
Old 07-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #18
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Make sure you schedule visits for your biggest games. Conference games and rivarly games are the best.

I've often wondered - is this a double edged sword? If you schedule visits for your biggest game, which is often the last game of the season (rivalry), aren't you running the risk of another school coming in and snatching a commitment away in the weeks leading up to the visit?
Old 07-05-2008, 11:11 PM   #19
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
I've often wondered - is this a double edged sword? If you schedule visits for your biggest game, which is often the last game of the season (rivalry), aren't you running the risk of another school coming in and snatching a commitment away in the weeks leading up to the visit?
You sure are. For my top 5 I get them in for my first conference home game. If your rivalry is late in the season, they will have most likely signed by then. A rule of thumb I use is position versus week with your later guys. But that #10 guy should be up to number 1 by week 10 with the guys above him already committing. If you don't think a guy you have at 15 will last until week 8, you probably won't get him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »