Home

Recruiting Tips

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2008, 11:58 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 31
Recruiting Tips

Ok...

So the more I read up on this years NCAA'09 the more im getting pshyched or perhaps sucked in (in a good way) to picking it up becuase of the online dynasties.

That being said....I need help with recruiting.....I'm assuming its going to be alot like 08 in making calls....etc...

But I need help.....

What are some of your guys best tips for recruiting....I'd love for this thread to continue as NCAA 09 is released on what people are finding working for them.

Thanks

Last edited by Ruffy; 07-03-2008 at 02:07 PM. Reason: I meant NCAA 08 not O7 as before....08 was my 1st PS3 game with my new 60 gig.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Recruiting Tips

No advice at all fellas?

I found recruiting last year a big time chore at times.....i miss the old days of the 5 weeks of mayhem and hope you do well.

I need some tips to help make recruiting alot less of a chore.

I'm usually into it big time for a few weeks and then the just sheer amount of it becomes overwhelming a bit.....there must be some good strategies to help ease the pain of the long recruiting process.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:49 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 25

There's gonna be "Quick Call" so recruiting isn't as time consuming. You basically choose how much time you want to spend with a recruit and the CPU will do it for you.

Also, towards week 9 or 10, go look for 4 star players without an offer. You'll find 5 or 6, mostly posession WRs, but sometimes other positions, and offer them. You'll get into their top 3 in no time.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Old 07-02-2008, 03:48 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

I never touched recruiting last year, I let the cpu do it for me, it was such a drag. The more success I was having during the year, the better recruits I landed, which was realistic.

But I'm in an online dynasty this year with 11 other users, I wonder if I can still let the cpu recruit for me?
Old 07-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
I never touched recruiting last year, I let the cpu do it for me, it was such a drag. The more success I was having during the year, the better recruits I landed, which was realistic.

But I'm in an online dynasty this year with 11 other users, I wonder if I can still let the cpu recruit for me?
Ummm...No. Do that and I will be pulling the top players from your back yard.

To the OP. I would say that you might want to put in NCAA 08 and run through a year or two on that and toy with the dynasty and get a feel. I usually start by IDing players that are interested in me and are at positons where I will be losing players. Then I prioritize by greatest loss. Example an highhly rated RB leaves I want to replace him with a stud freshmen. I also usually don't offer untill I get them with that big dumb smile on the football's face.

I also look at the next year's juniors who will be seniors, maybe get a guy this year who can red shirt while that senior plays.

The phone calls, it's really a crap shoot. I usually start with the things that are elite for my program. I also stay pretty close to home for about 85% of my players. I only go out of the region for special kids or postions of great need when there aren't that many in my region.

I don't know if any of this helps you, but I do damn good recruiting if I may say so myself.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #6
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt

you will probably want to practice a little in an offline dynasty before your online one starts and do it yourself.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Most all of these are good ideas. I would look at need first. If I need a FS, I'm targeting at least 3 or 4. On top of that, I'm targeting an athlete or two with great speed and some tackle. I'll look at a 5* if there's interest there. If not, I'll look at a 4*'s and 3*'s. There are normally 3* and 4* players available around the middle of the season that haven't been offered. Those become prime targets if you haven't gained a commit or have the lead for one of the players you want. Also, if you can't get in a recruit's top few teams and it just seems like you aren't moving up, you need to move him up and sped at least 2 hrs hard selling the high rated pitches with the most importance or you just need to ditch the guy and find one of those unoffered prospects.

If a prospect you want has several offers and he is of need, you need to have him at #1 and spend more than an hour with him each week.

Have backup plans. Don't completely ignore them, but do just enough like finding the 3 major pitches and occasionally hard sell them. Don't waste your time on players you don't really need. Make sure you get the needs.

During years you don't have a lot of needs, see what you're about to lose the next year and look at 2* and 3* recruits that you can redshirt. It won't require as much work and you won't have to worry about stressing for needs as much.

Just a few ideas.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

If you have a solid program built and you don't have to recruit for need than you should try to recruit for the future. Got a solid MLB that is going to be returning for 1 more year? Go and get yourself a great MLB that will be a backup his freshman year and have time to develop before stepping in as the starter his sophmore year. I always try to recruit ahead like that so I can avoid starting a lot of true freshmen.
R.I.P. #21

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »