Home

Teams Changing Conferences?

This is a discussion on Teams Changing Conferences? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #1
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Icon5 Teams Changing Conferences?

Can teams change conferences in NCAA 09? This was something that I was thinking would be nice, but also something I figured wouldn't happen whether it be difficult to code or not allowed by the NCAA or something like that I just figured it's not something we'd see in the game. Then I saw this when I was looking at the list of Achievements for the 360 and it had me wondering.

Quote:
BCS Conference Invite 25 Get an invite to a BCS conference in single team Dynasty Mode.
I assume it's probably just the achievement for getting an invite to a BCS bowl game. If not then that's pretty awesome and gives me some motivation to play as SDSU, to attempt to get them into the Pac 10.

http://www.sportsgamer.com/content/1...hievement-list
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Teams Changing Conferences?

in an offline dynasty you can still get invites to another conference(was in '08 and i think '07 for 360). for online dynasty, you can not get an invite.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I guess I'm not sure.......but I love the sound of that idea.......
Old 07-02-2008, 06:45 PM   #4
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
in an offline dynasty you can still get invites to another conference(was in '08 and i think '07 for 360). for online dynasty, you can not get an invite.
Wow, that's pretty awesome. Any idea how many good seasons it took in order to start getting called up.

I wonder if that means next year they'll have something like that for online for people to make super conferences adding USC or Notre Dame to SEC so everyone can squeeze into a single conferences for their online dynasty. I'm sure that's something a lot of people would like. Although I'm happy enough with the whole offline alone thing since that's a feature I didn't know was there, just icing on the cake.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:51 PM   #5
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetter21
Wow, that's pretty awesome. Any idea how many good seasons it took in order to start getting called up.

I wonder if that means next year they'll have something like that for online for people to make super conferences adding USC or Notre Dame to SEC so everyone can squeeze into a single conferences for their online dynasty. I'm sure that's something a lot of people would like. Although I'm happy enough with the whole offline alone thing since that's a feature I didn't know was there, just icing on the cake.
in the past it hasn't been that hard. in '08 i played with Middle Tennessee State who is in the Sunbelt. after going 8-5 in year 1 with a bowl game win, i got invited to the MAC. after 4 years in the MAC with each season 8+ wins , including 1 conference championship, i got invited to the SEC.

as long as you win, and someone in the conference you going to loses a lot, you should get invites(you replace the team and they take you spot in the other conference)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2008, 11:19 PM   #6
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5

I did this in 08' (PS2) with replacing FBS Independent Army with a FCS team such as Montana after 3 years got an invite to the Mountain West Conference, 5 years after that got Montana into the PAC 10.

is there actually gonna be FCS teams in 09' for the PS3/360?
if so that'd make my day
Old 07-02-2008, 11:31 PM   #7
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

I was playing with Tulsa and after two winning seasons with 9+ wins and bowl wins, I got invited to the Big XII in the place of Baylor of course.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Are you sure that there's no invites in online? If so then that sucks...

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »