Home

NO LOVE FOR FB POSITION ANYMORE?

This is a discussion on NO LOVE FOR FB POSITION ANYMORE? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #9
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NO LOVE FOR FB POSITION ANYMORE?

I don't even know what a fullback is in my offense.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:26 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwil5050
i like to run the ball alot and i find it hard to run the ball out of the I when i don have a great fullback. what happen to this position. PLEASE SO LOVE FOR THE BRUISER POSITION.

Hey I'm with you........go take a look at some Husker highlights from the 90's and that will make you smile......
Old 07-03-2008, 10:52 AM   #11
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
There are still a lot of good FB's out there. The trick is to find one that not only blocks good, but that also runs well and catches too.
I don't know what it is about whatever offenses I run and who I recruit, but I always have a receiving FB interested in me. It is hard for me to land a blocking fullback. In my offense I want my FB to mainly be just a lead blocker as I seldom throw the ball to them, which shocks me as to why I cannot get a good blocking FB. Bringing in a big RB doesn't work because the hit he takes when switching positions is too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2008, 11:12 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 25

I like to install a run heavy offense like Wisconsin has in real life wherever I coach in dynasty mode, so having a great blocking FB to open up holes is one of my top priorities in recruiting. With the Jump the Snap BS, it's near impossible to run without a lead blocker.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Old 07-03-2008, 12:09 PM   #13
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

whats a FB?
Old 07-03-2008, 12:29 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

Do the Buckeyes not have a FB in real life? I notice that a LBer plays the FB spot for them. I think it was ROLB 55.

I like a FB who has enough speed to get to the second level and pick up a block. Size is nice but never used to matter much in previous games. It seems like it may make a bit of a difference this year.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #15
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5

I also, am all about the smashmouth fullback just seems like you don't see many these days.. I'm so glad we got a pro style run first coach.. we have a couple of good fullbacks at Ole Miss not sure what EA has them rated but FB #44 (Jason Cook) will play on sundays for sure

BTW this topic just brought this to my attention did Owen Schmitt get drafted or did he sign?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2008, 12:47 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 12

I played with Navy a lot last year because a kid I went to high school with was a tailback for them (Reggie Campbell). Their fullback, Adam Ballard, was an absolute monster. Such a fun team to play with in 08.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »