Home

NCAA 09 BEING REVIEWED NOW- INT GLITCH IS NOT GONE!!!

This is a discussion on NCAA 09 BEING REVIEWED NOW- INT GLITCH IS NOT GONE!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 11:21 AM   #25
stewaat

OVR:
Re: NCAA 09 BEING REVIEWED NOW- INT GLITCH IS NOT GONE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxslim502xx
THE INT PROBLEM FROM 08 IS STILL IN THE GAME..FUMBLES HAVE BEEN TONED DOWN BUT NOT INTS...I SEEM ALOT IN THE DEMO AND THIS GUY HAS THE FINAL BUILD EARLY AND IS PLAYING IT NOW IS POSTING ON HIS BLOG..HE HAS A GOOD REPUTATION, WELL LOOKS LIKE EA BLEW IT AGAIN...

http://nutweasel.blogspot.com/
You're right, he does.

You on the other hand...

This thread is ridiculous. Quit judging a game before you play it. Just relax and enjoy the 3-day weekend.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #26
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

OSU has 4 picks against Michigan State, thats the only bad number and its no game killer they were all user picks, there was no other bad amount of what happened Georgia is a 99 too people online will post rosters man ratings better, but man your stressing from one users gameplay with tweaked sliders galore, you will have a different experience
Old 07-04-2008, 12:09 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 14

Maybe the sliders can help with the interception thing.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #28
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
This thread is ridiculous. Quit judging a game before you play it. Just relax and enjoy the 3-day weekend.
be it gta 4 or ncaa 09, judging games that you haven't played is normal on os. his judgement was negative and people have a problem with that. but if his post talked about how '09 was the best football game ever, no one would say anything.

sure, play the game for yourself and make your own decision. but don't blast the guy for doing something that's normal on a video game msg board because that wreaks of hypocrisy imho.

as far as heisman goes, anyone who knows the game knows that heisman boosts abilities. adam himself basically said that players play at their rating on AA.

it seems like have do do "something" like imposing some sort of house rules to compensate for major flaws games. why don't the dev's so "something" and fix the flaws.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:33 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 9

I take a slightly different angle to the "int" problem....I think it's because as the QB you don't have enough control of the pass (or cpu passing isn't random enough). The passing seems way to scripted and or predetermined....it seems like the pass's are, most of the time, right on the money and if the right defense is called the d-back is in just as good if not better position as a wr. In real life, the d-back has no idea where the wr is going, in the digital world it seems like the d-backs are on them like glue....adding more control of passing or at the very least increasing the randomness of the location of passing woud make a world of difference IMOP. Essentially, make it the resonsibilty of the user to get the pass in there as opposing to just blindly hitting a button and having the pass end up right on the money...as it stands now, there really isn't a level of satisfaction in comleteing a pass. Nor is there a level of satisfaction in intercepting a ball....it seems like most of that control/positioning is done for you by the AI. Hence making it just as easy to pick a ball of as it is to complete a pass....that balance is off somewhat.

Case in point, I've played tons games and thrown lots of passes where I would think to myself, "damn, I wish I could take something off that pass, lead the reciever by ten yards and worse case scenario miss long" instead it's a pick cuz I couldn't throw the pass where I wanted and the AI was on my wr like glue.

Last edited by Radioactiveman; 07-04-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #30
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead
be it gta 4 or ncaa 09, judging games that you haven't played is normal on os. his judgement was negative and people have a problem with that. but if his post talked about how '09 was the best football game ever, no one would say anything.

sure, play the game for yourself and make your own decision. but don't blast the guy for doing something that's normal on a video game msg board because that wreaks of hypocrisy imho.

as far as heisman goes, anyone who knows the game knows that heisman boosts abilities. adam himself basically said that players play at their rating on AA.

it seems like have do do "something" like imposing some sort of house rules to compensate for major flaws games. why don't the dev's so "something" and fix the flaws.
The thing is this...

Somebody says it's the greatest game ever...you take it with a grain of salt.
Somebody says it's the worst game ever...you take it with a grain of salt.

I desperately want presentation in NCAA 09 and it's not going to be in there at the level I want it to be. Should I go start a thread entitled "OMG NO ADVANCES IN PRESENTATION THIS YEAR EA BLEW IT AGAIN!!!"?

I'm just disappointed you can't come to a forum and speak about something intelligently.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #31
DickDalewood

OVR:

The interceptions are not a glitch... it's programming.

Furthermore, I've never had a problem with them.

To each his own I guess.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2008, 01:01 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEE4THREE
If user picks are the only problem, that's nothing a house rule can't fix.
True. I also noticed in the demo that swatting seems much more effective than last year so maybe swatting instead of going for the pick would be the answer. Last year, swatting seemed totally useless, at least on PS3. You either missed completely or still got an INT. In the demo I've been able to take control of the defender and swat the ball many times.

I would tend to agree that user picks are too easy to get. The few times I've tried to pick a ball have generally been successful so I can see how someone who goes for the pick all the time would rack up too many.

One pet peeve I have when INT issues are discussed is people's tendency to pro-rate the number of picks ie. 1 pick per game in the demo means you would get 8 picks per game or the guy played a half and got three picks so he would have had six had he finished the game.

I noticed this often last year and saw some of it in the other thread about Bill Abner's impressions. I can't count how many times last year I would 2 picks in the first quarter or 3 picks in a half and finish the game with 4 picks overall. The vast majority of my games on 08 had 3 or 4 CPU thrown picks. I play 7 minute quarters. Granted that is still too many picks when it occurs on a regular basis and it's a big part of why I gave up on 08 after a while. But my point is you cannot just pro-rate the way some people do and claim you had an 8-pick game when you quit after 2 ints in the first quarter.

Back to the 09 impressions and the reactions to the INT reports, I'm optimistic about Abner's Heisman experience so far. Also, the overabundance of INTs would not have been as big a deal in 08 if they didn't lead to an INT return td half the time. Hopefully this has been toned down.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »