Home

When do we get next-gen AI ?

This is a discussion on When do we get next-gen AI ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: When do we get next-gen AI ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
So, if you need an actual list of what could be considered as ''competent/next gen'' AI, EA - I'll hook you up with a PM with 20 reasons why your current AI systems totally stinks.
I would actually like this PM...will be good to have as we start planning out 2010.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #26
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I would actually like this PM...will be good to have as we start planning out 2010.
Could I get a CC?
Old 07-06-2008, 11:25 PM   #27
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Adaptive A.I. This is what is desperately needed in sports games, especially football. Typical football strategy is, in a sense, thrown out the window b/c the A.I. doesn't appear to recognize tendencies in playcalling. Adaptive AI is used in NBA 2K8, and I understand it's used in NHL 08. It's time that videogame football catch up.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:53 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I'm still waiting for your response to my question on whether or not the sliders in Madden '09 will actually work this time around. You seem to avoid any questions about actual game play, so I pretty much gave up on anything being answered, other than how the stadium shots will be improved in 2010, because we all know how important that is.

But, yeah, when I get the time, I'll be more than happy to give a few tips on how you can improve the awful CPU AI for both titles, to keep me interested for longer than 2 seasons. Maybe you can start by not forcing me to control all 32 teams every year, to keep the draft somewhat realistic - and teams from benching/dropping Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

I'll include that in my PM, along with the actual AI game play issues.

Last edited by Anti Honor; 07-07-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:51 AM   #29
Rookie

mike1409's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Adaptive A.I. This is what is desperately needed in sports games, especially football. Typical football strategy is, in a sense, thrown out the window b/c the A.I. doesn't appear to recognize tendencies in playcalling. Adaptive AI is used in NBA 2K8, and I understand it's used in NHL 08. It's time that videogame football catch up.

This is so true.

The thing is didn't they have a feature in madden last year if you called the same plays the other team could see what you were calling?

Do they still hve this?

This is the direction the series has to evolve into.

If they continue to allow cheese/money plays to be unstoppable then they can never be considered more than just an arcade game.

I guess that is why for a real sim of football we have to go the FOF route.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:09 AM   #30
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1409
This is so true.

The thing is didn't they have a feature in madden last year if you called the same plays the other team could see what you were calling?

Do they still hve this?

This is the direction the series has to evolve into.

If they continue to allow cheese/money plays to be unstoppable then they can never be considered more than just an arcade game.

I guess that is why for a real sim of football we have to go the FOF route.
Yep,it was in Madden last year. Although it didn't do crap. I ran the same play constantly to check out this "feature"....and not 1 time did the defense stop it,oh yea it showed my play diagram on the field like the defense knew what was coming,but it was utterly worthless.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-07-2008, 04:19 AM   #31
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I'll even take 2004 PS2 AI over last season's "AI".

I'm still miffed at why that game played so well and none since (current gen or next gen) have not played even close to that.

You'd think things would only get better over time.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 09:45 AM   #32
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I figure I'll throw in my .02

We've already seen posts about the AI figuring out the human tendencies and adjusting and other "get the AI smart" posts. However it really needs to go the other way also with players other than QB's.

I'd like to see players basically F'up once in awhile. What I mean is a starting safety gets injured for the year,, or whatever length, and the backup is a little played sophmore with low awareness ratings. This backup should have blown coverages etc instead of the typical stellar coverage you should only see in "veteran" players.

I can't remember ever having to worry about an injury because of this. Seems no matter the mental ability ratings of players they all play pretty equal "mentally"

I know speed, agility etc is evident but I can't remember the last time I've seen a D player flat out miss an assignment which lead to a big play.

Do this for offense to and you'd have some crazy real moments in games. Imagine having a BU RB in and on a dive R the RB goes left causing a busted play. Things like this would add so much to the game. As it is right now only the physical abilities seem affected at all when having younger, seldom played players, in the game.

thanks,

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »