Home

Worst Commentary Lines in NCAA 08

This is a discussion on Worst Commentary Lines in NCAA 08 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #73
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Worst Commentary Lines in NCAA 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I cringe when I hear that line. And this too.

Lee: "As an offensive lineman, you gotta spread your feet, and have a nice BASE."
Oh wow.. I was wrong about saying this script has lines as far back of 04. This particular line has been in since NCAA 2002!!
Old 07-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #74
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

This thread is absolutely halarious. I love it, for some reason I cant think of any different lines that havent already been mentioned but when I do, I'll dop them. LOL
Old 07-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #75
Rookie

FearTheTurtle's Arena

OVR: 4

Co-sign a million times over on the Corso 'beep, beep, beep...' line. I pause the game as soon as I hear the beginning of it. That or quickly mute, if the remote is handy.

It makes my skin crawl. Corso seems to be 5x louder with the beeps than anything else he ever says in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #76
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

When Corso talks its exactly like those commercials you watch, where the volume is turned down fairly low yet when that certain commercial comes on the volume blares and is so loud. I find myself throughout the game turning the volume down gradually...lol.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #77
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I can't find this anywhere in the script.. cut or uncut.

This wouldn't happen to be PS2 would it? That has a different script and we don't mess with that commentary anymore.
No, on 360. Usually after a swatted pass attempt or something.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:26 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I am the commentary guy now. 09 was my first year, and I want to get a lot of the memorable lines like these out of the game.

Revamping is drastic and will make the lines much more repertitive because we can only record SO MUCH every year. But a key to improving it is removing the lines that stick out your head.. like the ones people are posting here.

For instance the line with Corso busting out an umbrella in the booth. You guys remember it. Do you remember the other two sets of lines that happen in the exact same situation at that?

2BradThis one has gotten out of hand…
KirkUsually we don’t see games get real ugly until the second half, when the talent of the depth chart starts to show…but man, were still here in the first half and its already lookin like a blowout.
3BradAnd the big lead just got bigger folks.
Lee I've seen some amazing comebacks in my day, but Im not too confident that Im gonna see one today. I'd love to be wrong guys, but I just don’t see it happenin'. I mean these guys aren't just scoring, they're pitching a shutout too!

The point being... revamping isn't the best approach. Removing the memorable stuff and leaving in the lines that still work and adding new ones is a much better approach in my opinion.

That's why I like this thread. I want to hear the ones that you guys can quote from memory. That means it is too memorable and should go the way of the Dodo.
What exactly IS the limiting factor in the commentary? Is it the size of the disk?
Old 07-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #79
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Having a little trouble finding it. Is it any of these?

LeeSome quarterbacks are just SO good at selling the play action…and it truly is an overlooked skill…Take Kirk for example, he wasn’t known for his speed but he could buy a lil time with a good play fake.
KirkAre you calling me slow? This is coming from a guy who's nickname is based on his footspeed. Isn't that right Scooter.
LeeYa left out sunshine. Its SUNSHINE scooter and boy could he play!

BradSo they convert on 3rd down guys.
LeeWhat a play. This kid broke a tackle behind the line of scrimmage and then scooted ahead for the first down.
KirkHe scooted for the first down alright. This coming from the Sunshine Scooter.
LeeHey, this kid can live up to the name.

BradIt may go down as an interception, but he had no choice but to try and make a play there, guys…
KirkI think every quarterback gets a few interceptions off of hail marys on 4th down when you have to throw it…Except for you, right Scooter?
LeeOf course…I was too busy running the ol option to throw any picks.
KirkAahh and the legend of the Sunshine Scooter is born. I just love that.
ah yes its the first one, remove it immediately haha
Old 07-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #80
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I cringe when I hear that line. And this too.

Lee: "As an offensive lineman, you gotta spread your feet, and have a nice BASE."
That sounds dirty

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »