Home

So are stats and injuries now taken into account when exporting players to madden?

This is a discussion on So are stats and injuries now taken into account when exporting players to madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #9
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: So are stats and injuries now taken into account when exporting players to madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman316
Trust me,I would love this feature just as much as anybody, but I think it's too complex for EA's brain to handle.
While I agree it would cool and I've wanted performance on the field to matter, this kind of post is uncalled for.
This year more than any EA has listened and been a big part of our community yet they continue to be subjected to these immature posts.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #10
Rookie

Superman_TR's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: So are stats and injuries now taken into account when exporting players to madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
While I agree it would cool and I've wanted performance on the field to matter, this kind of post is uncalled for.
This year more than any EA has listened and been a big part of our community yet they continue to be subjected to these immature posts.
no don't not lie to yourself. EA has still not gotten the point that what we want is better realism and overall game immersion. They think that we care about stupid features like celebrating with mascots and such. Now don't get me wrong, they do still get my $60 dollars year in and year out but that's simply because they took away my beloved 2k sports football franchise. NCAA looks very good this year and i'm sure it will be fun to play but they still aren't listening to us the way that visual concepts did with their football games. Us real gamers want more realism and in-game features that actually add to the experience. Not filler.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #11
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_TR
no don't not lie to yourself. EA has still not gotten the point that what we want is better realism and overall game immersion. They think that we care about stupid features like celebrating with mascots and such. Now don't get me wrong, they do still get my $60 dollars year in and year out but that's simply because they took away my beloved 2k sports football franchise. NCAA looks very good this year and i'm sure it will be fun to play but they still aren't listening to us the way that visual concepts did with their football games. Us real gamers want more realism and in-game features that actually add to the experience. Not filler.
Uh.. I'm not "lying to myself" I just don't need to whine and moan ALL THE TIME. I make suggestions and treat people with respect whether I agree with them or not.
Again they have listened and have taken some suggestions and have done way more this year than any year before IMO. Coming here and saying "they're brain cannot handle it" is rude condescending and juvenile. It's the same tired attitude that has put 2K fans in a bad light for a long time.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #12
Rookie

Superman_TR's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Uh.. I'm not "lying to myself" I just don't need to whine and moan ALL THE TIME. I make suggestions and treat people with respect whether I agree with them or not.
Again they have listened and have taken some suggestions and have done way more this year than any year before IMO. Coming here and saying "they're brain cannot handle it" is rude condescending and juvenile. It's the same tired attitude that has put 2K fans in a bad light for a long time.
hmmm perhaps but you must admit that when it comes innovation visual concepts was always ahead of EA.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #13
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_TR
hmmm perhaps but you must admit that when it comes innovation visual concepts was always ahead of EA.
I loved 2K football. Absolutely loved it! They always seemed to not be afraid of taking chances etc..
All that however means absolutely nothing right now.
That's my point.
People need to move on and be a positive influence on the game (especially NCAA because name 1 other NCAA game that was better than EA's) instead of living in the past. EA will take the good with the bad as long as it's delivered in a respectable way.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #14
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

I liked where this thread started but not where it is going, so I will add my 2 cents worth...

I really like the idea of injuries carrying over to Madden instead of being random. However I'm not quite sure about stats being the major contributor to overall rating. If that were the case you would have system guys ie. Colt Brennen, Graham Harrell being #1 picks based on their numbers alone. I would like to see stats play some part but I don't know if and how it could be implemented in a fair manner.

By the way Sky, what part of WV you from??

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK
Old 07-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Sky you need to not be so uptight. The guy said EA brain can't handle it. Meaning we have been asking for certain things to be implmented that enhance the realistic part of the game and it is over looked year in and year out. So giving EA flak is something that should have been a LONG time ago and we would not be at this point now. Do they(EA) deserve it, YES.

THEY should be the ones begging us for answers to what could make us want the game. Because in the end WE as the consumer pay their paychecks.

So just because someone said something negative about EA does not make them HATE EA or anything along those lines. It is people given up on EA is what you are hearing. But in the end we still all LOVE to hear from the people at EA. It is a step atleast to fixing all the let downs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #16
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk10
I liked where this thread started but not where it is going, so I will add my 2 cents worth...

I really like the idea of injuries carrying over to Madden instead of being random. However I'm not quite sure about stats being the major contributor to overall rating. If that were the case you would have system guys ie. Colt Brennen, Graham Harrell being #1 picks based on their numbers alone. I would like to see stats play some part but I don't know if and how it could be implemented in a fair manner.

By the way Sky, what part of WV you from??

Yeah I agree stats shouldn't be the only contributing factor but they do need to be part of the final result.

Eastern Panhandle is where I'm located.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »