Home

Redshirting?

This is a discussion on Redshirting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2008, 11:34 AM   #9
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Redshirting?

You both are correct. You can play a red-shirted player

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

Do not know about the PS3 version?, but on PS2 if you don't redshirt a player in the preseason, but he does not play a down he will be redshirted at the end of the season by the CPU.

To be safe though keep him off the depth chart. If he gets subbed in without you realizing it, he cannot be redshirted. I had that happen towards the end of the season with a true frosh WR who was 6th on the depth chart. In the last game of the season I was ahead so I put in some backups and rearranged the depth chart. On a 4 Wr formation he got in and got a catch. After he finished the season with 1pc for 12 yds and lost his redshirt. That was back in the days when the game only had a 55 man roster. I learned my lesson.

And you can play a player who has been redshirted. In preseason when you redshirt a player he is removed from the depth chart. You can move him back to the depth chart during the season.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:22 PM   #11
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboospine1998
Do not know about the PS3 version?, but on PS2 if you don't redshirt a player in the preseason, but he does not play a down he will be redshirted at the end of the season by the CPU.

To be safe though keep him off the depth chart. If he gets subbed in without you realizing it, he cannot be redshirted. I had that happen towards the end of the season with a true frosh WR who was 6th on the depth chart. In the last game of the season I was ahead so I put in some backups and rearranged the depth chart. On a 4 Wr formation he got in and got a catch. After he finished the season with 1pc for 12 yds and lost his redshirt. That was back in the days when the game only had a 55 man roster. I learned my lesson.

And you can play a player who has been redshirted. In preseason when you redshirt a player he is removed from the depth chart. You can move him back to the depth chart during the season.
That is correct. If you dont red-shirt someone (and they are eligible) and they dont play in any games in any aspect, they will be red-shirted.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »