Home

Can't Decide Madden vs. NCAA

This is a discussion on Can't Decide Madden vs. NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 12:02 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Can't Decide Madden vs. NCAA

1) Contract Holdouts
2) Intelligent CPU trades
3) CPU initiated trades
4) Intelligent CPU Drafting
5) Real scouting of NCAA prospects (08's Scouting Feature was pathetic)
6) Full roster and depth chart customization (it is and has been in NCAA but not Madden)
7) No Free Agent Glitches (Disappearing players or disappearing undrafted Rookies)

The list could go on... I am just trying to get some feedback on what in NCAA has changed so I can make up my mind. (Right now I am planning on waiting for Madden because it does look drastically better.)
Old 07-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #18
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
1) Contract Holdouts
2) Intelligent CPU trades
3) CPU initiated trades
4) Intelligent CPU Drafting
5) Real scouting of NCAA prospects (08's Scouting Feature was pathetic)
6) Full roster and depth chart customization (it is and has been in NCAA but not Madden)
7) No Free Agent Glitches (Disappearing players or disappearing undrafted Rookies)

The list could go on... I am just trying to get some feedback on what in NCAA has changed so I can make up my mind. (Right now I am planning on waiting for Madden because it does look drastically better.)
So these things work seamlessly in Madden if you have head coach as well? Or do you have to play Head Coach separately? I may have to go for the collector's edition...
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 07-11-2008, 12:18 AM   #19
All Star

OVR: 33

I think intelligent cpu trades, cpu initiated trades, intelligent cpu draftingwere all mentioned to be in this years madden. Though vaguely.

And the no free agent glitch was fixed in last years patch anyway.

Although 09 is just really madden 08 working as it was intended, its an alright franchise mode. It may not be good as past-gen, but its still pretty good.

Full Roster and depth chart customization has been mentioned (someone said they had devin hester at dline and rex grossman at o-line) although you may only edit players on your own team. Such as changing their positions and stuff.

Besides the fixed progression, fixed stats (although some may disagree) and various other tweaks to the 08 franchise, nothing new has really been added.

And headcoach is a separate game altogether. It has no connection with madden except you can export create plays.
Headcoach franchise is a true sim, everything you'd wish for in a franchise (almost) except for the playing bit.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #20
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I think intelligent cpu trades, cpu initiated trades, intelligent cpu draftingwere all mentioned to be in this years madden. Though vaguely.

And the no free agent glitch was fixed in last years patch anyway.

Although 09 is just really madden 08 working as it was intended, its an alright franchise mode. It may not be good as past-gen, but its still pretty good.

Full Roster and depth chart customization has been mentioned (someone said they had devin hester at dline and rex grossman at o-line) although you may only edit players on your own team. Such as changing their positions and stuff.

Besides the fixed progression, fixed stats (although some may disagree) and various other tweaks to the 08 franchise, nothing new has really been added.

And headcoach is a separate game altogether. It has no connection with madden except you can export create plays.
Headcoach franchise is a true sim, everything you'd wish for in a franchise (almost) except for the playing bit.
Good stuff, thanks for all the info!
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 07-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #21
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

For me I get NCAA because I love college football more than anything and Dynasty Mode is amazing.

I am guessing that I'll also get at least one out of the other two games as well (HC and Madden). Not sure which one, maybe both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 10

My Advice is to get gamefly, look it up @ www.gamefly.com, you can end up buying the game for 40 bucks off of them, you can keep game as long as possiblem and it's basically pretty reasonable.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:08 AM   #23
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
it depends on whether you like college or pro football more.
Both games will be good.
Exactly. I consider NCAA and Madden 2 totally different games not 2 football games. So I'll be grabbing both.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-11-2008, 02:53 AM   #24
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, but I grab NCAA every year.

College football never really gets old to me. The game's dynamics, features, and tendencies do...but I never really tire of the college game.

I only rent madden. I get a franchise going with some imported draft classes. Mess with free agents and trades, and really try to develop my own team. That lasts for about two weeks, and then I return Madden and go back to NCAA.

Head Coach intrigues me, but I'll never touch it because I can't actually PLAY. I really like franchise mode in madden, but I can't be fully satisfied unless I can actually play with the team I'm building.

I was really torn between buying the PS3 and PS2 version of NCAA this year, but after reading up...and seeing some of the new features (RB moves, Custom Sounds) in clips of gameplay. I'm definitely sold on the next gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »