Home

Need some info

This is a discussion on Need some info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Icon5 Need some info

So since I rolled into work this morning, in between meetings I have checked into the board and have bombarded with questions and PMs about broken stats. I've been linked to page 1 of a 30+ page thread, so I'm not going to go digging through that.

Can someone just simply summarize what is going on? Where are these numbers coming from? How big is the sample size? Also, something about rushing stats being gone after 2010? I have simmed through year one and just started simming year two.

I'm going to run to a quick meeting, and hopefully when I'm back I have some concise info to work with. Vague stuff like "it is wrong" isn't going to help, but don't drown me with tons of numbers at the same time. And please more info on this missing stats bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Need some info

The basic thing is that the sim engine seems to be producing Heisman-like numbers for a plethora of quarterbacks. 40-6 TD/INT ratios and completion percentages in the mid to upper 60's (and 70's) for far too many guys.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

The main issue people are having is that completion percentages are way too high across the board for QB's in simmed games. Also QB's are consistently finishing the season with stats like 40TD's and 1INT. Many are speculating this could make it very difficult for anyone playing the games to actually win the Heisman in dynasty. I don't know how much of an issue that part really is at this point though. It's something you guys will have to take a look and give some consideration.

As for the disappearing stats lists. Bill simmed a season to 2010 and the rushing stats came up as "no data" for all teams in the stat menu. He also had the same issue come up while he was simming the 2009 season and the passing stats came up as "no data."

He summarizes it on his blog, I'm sure not all of it would be considered and issue but you can have a look at it and make of it what you will. I will say this though, the sim engine in dynasty was pretty perfect last year.

http://nutweasel.blogspot.com/

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 07-11-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Freezer Boy's Arena

OVR: 11

Here's where all of the season simulation stats are coming from

http://nutweasel.blogspot.com/

there's a bunch of posts there on different sims.

Basically the main problem is the crazy QB stats. Like half of the starting QB's have a completion % in the 60-70 range. And way too many TD's with a little amount of INT's. The TD-INT ratio is ridiculous, for alot of QB is like 33-1. And the rushing stats are a little low, as well as tackling numbers being out of whack. And the teams are getting really high PPG numbers.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #5
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

QB stats are inflated. Compare last year's actual stats (or any year's) http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/sortab...=2007&sort=rat

to the stats produced by ncaa for QBs.

In ncaa too many QBs hover around 70% completion. 60% should be the middle of the pack. Sort the espn page by CMP% and look at the distribution. Apparently middle of the pack guys are still hitting near 70% in NCAA.

Too many qbs throw for 35+ tds while also throwing too few interceptions.

All of that leads to QBs with extremely high passer ratings - 180+.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_zzx94huhbis/...h/IMG_1220.jpg

http://www.nutweasel.blogspot.com/

Quote:
The bug popped up again in 2009 this time. When selecting "Sim to end of regular season" I stopped the simulation at week 5 to check something and this time it was the PASSING season stats that "contained no data." I have no idea what's going on but folks...I don't like it and if you play Dynasty mode you are not going to like it either. I have no idea what causes this. The last time it was in 2010 and it was the rushing stats. Now it's 2009 and it's passing. Rushing was fine.

The stats ARE there -- you can go into the box scores and see the game by game numbers. It's just when choosing stats it's blank.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
stewaat

OVR:

To reiterate...

Completion %'s are too high, resulting in inflated QB Ratings.
TD/INT ratio are stellar for the large majority of QBs...3:1 is very common from the screens.
Tackle numbers are low
It seems like carries are a tad low. Maybe that's because there aren't any McFadden's this year. 300+ carries happens with some guys every year and that number is not reached in NCAA 09.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #7
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

The thing about the stats missing used to happen to me in 08. It was simple enough for me to backout and reload the dynasty and all the stats would re-appear. Maybe that'll work in this situation since I'm under the impression that Bill is just simming without actually having the dynasty saved?

My Video Game Streams
Old 07-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
The thing about the stats missing used to happen to me in 08. It was simple enough for me to backout and reload the dynasty and all the stats would re-appear. Maybe that'll work in this situation since I'm under the impression that Bill is just simming without actually having the dynasty saved?
Really? I can't get this to happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »