Home

Ideal patch scenario

This is a discussion on Ideal patch scenario within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #9
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Ideal patch scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
I have a feeling we will see the patch sometime in September. Which isn't bad at all really. It seems like they're working on it now and if they complete it sometime next month/end of this one it'll probably come out in September.
We have a list of stuff to fix. But we gotta wait until the game drops and get that 2 day, 500k user beta test to find the REAL bugs! I'll probably start some "official" thread of some kind for the patch next week.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #10
Rookie

LunchBox Legend's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWarrior
I wouldn't wanna play with an accelerated clock. Correct me if i'm somehow mistaken but can't that screw you over big time if you're trying to drive down the field late in the game?

I mean think about it. You're down a TD with a minute left starting on the 20 with no timeouts. Any vet of this game knows how much time gets wasted when try to hurry up after a huge gain. Now imagine all that time running off double-time! Yikes! Its like having 1:00 on the clock that actually runs out in 30 seconds.

No thank you.

If it works such that time returns to normal late in the game or something like that then I still don't like it. It'd just feel too much like an artificial/fake/unfair game clock.
I don't think the clock works that way. If I remember correctly I think the clock goes to normal speed in the final 2 minutes of each half. Not totaly sure but my buddy who plays Madden told me that and that's how it was years ago on the PC.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:54 PM   #11
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We have a list of stuff to fix. But we gotta wait until the game drops and get that 2 day, 500k user beta test to find the REAL bugs! I'll probably start some "official" thread of some kind for the patch next week.
A 500k user beta test for a product that is supposed to be finished, also you have to pay 60 dollars to get in on this beta test for the finished product. Lol, usually companies pay you to test their products, this one makes you pay it. 30 million dollars needed to supply you with a 15mb patch that might fix the game, it may break some other stuff too though, so keep testing it and make a list. Repeat every single year. Think people.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Last edited by trobinson97; 07-11-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2008, 12:06 AM   #12
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Why can't EA release a game with having "a list of stuff to fix"? Don't you guys have testers to find the real bugs?

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 07-12-2008, 12:13 AM   #13
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
Why can't EA release a game with having "a list of stuff to fix"?
Have you ever played a sports game (or any game for that matter) that got everything 100% perfect? Almost every game nowadays sees a patch sometime after release, no matter which developer is behind it.

Quote:
Don't you guys have testers to find the real bugs?
Yeah they have testers, but (1) they don't have 500,000 of them and (2) finding bugs is the easy part, fixing them is another story. Fixing problems takes time, and time is a little short when trying to get a game out on the shelves.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 07-12-2008, 12:20 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 33

^^^^^

This guy is spot on

500 000 people playing for 5 hours in the first day is far more time than the testers will have testing for a year.

We all wish there weren't bugs, but sadly there are.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:34 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
A 500k user beta test for a product that is supposed to be finished, also you have to pay 60 dollars to get in on this beta test for the finished product. Lol, usually companies pay you to test their products, this one makes you pay it. 30 million dollars needed to supply you with a 15mb patch that might fix the game, it may break some other stuff too though, so keep testing it and make a list. Repeat every single year. Think people.
Harsh, but great post.

We're not looking for perfection, but fixing two issues that aren't exactly new to these titles, would be nice. I'm referring to the no deep passing, and ridiculous sim stats.. Both have been around. Madden has fixed, or at least claims to have fixed these. Makes me wonder how they slipped through another year of NCAA.

It's really not asking for much, certainly shouldn't be considered as asking for ''perfection.''

Last edited by Anti Honor; 07-12-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2008, 12:57 AM   #16
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Have you ever played a sports game (or any game for that matter) that got everything 100% perfect? Almost every game nowadays sees a patch sometime after release, no matter which developer is behind it.

Yeah they have testers, but (1) they don't have 500,000 of them and (2) finding bugs is the easy part, fixing them is another story. Fixing problems takes time, and time is a little short when trying to get a game out on the shelves.
Actually I had no problem with Tecmo Bowl or NCAA 2004 at all. Yes they were dumbed down in a sense one way or another, but simply things like gameplay and simmed stats didn't have a major issue. Next gen with Madden and NCAA have been a total letdown and little things like this shouldn't happen in 2008. They've had plenty of time to tighten up the little stuff.

I want NCAA and Madden to be good games and I'm not asking for the world. But when after last year's near game killing TO issues, and now the possible sim and lack of deep ball CPU issues...I have a hard time giving a pass.

Call me a bitcher, but all I want is some basic things that should be fixed in year...whatever it is now for EA.

Yes I don't have the game yet, but come on. Fix major things before you release it. I get that problems can and will happen, but when they mess with gameplay/dynastys...you have a serious problem.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves

Last edited by Herky; 07-12-2008 at 01:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »