Home

Ideal patch scenario

This is a discussion on Ideal patch scenario within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2008, 01:05 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Ideal patch scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We have a list of stuff to fix. But we gotta wait until the game drops and get that 2 day, 500k user beta test to find the REAL bugs! I'll probably start some "official" thread of some kind for the patch next week.
Do the scare quotes around "real" imply that the issues that have been brought up to this point (the kickoffs, the simmed stats, the lack of a downfield passing game) are not really issues?
Old 07-12-2008, 01:28 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunchBox Legend
I don't think the clock works that way. If I remember correctly I think the clock goes to normal speed in the final 2 minutes of each half. Not totaly sure but my buddy who plays Madden told me that and that's how it was years ago on the PC.
Yeah, I figured thats probably what it does. But refer to my last paragraph, I still don't like it.

awful demo - Lonnie1892
Quote:
Me no like game. Graphics make Lonnie puke. Lonnie no play NCAA no more. NCAA=suck. Lonnie=not suck. - AuburnAlumni
Old 07-12-2008, 01:58 AM   #19
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Have you ever played a sports game (or any game for that matter) that got everything 100% perfect? Almost every game nowadays sees a patch sometime after release, no matter which developer is behind it.

Yeah they have testers, but (1) they don't have 500,000 of them and (2) finding bugs is the easy part, fixing them is another story. Fixing problems takes time, and time is a little short when trying to get a game out on the shelves.

Bingo you are spot on all games ship with hundreds of glitchs and bugs. Rock Band for instance had over 10,000 bugs in it with two months to ship.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:22 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

The majority of games that come out today are patched within the first 1-2 months. NCAA will be no different, and I'm not upset either. No worries here.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:39 AM   #21
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

The bugs hopefully wont be anything to make me stop playing until the patches come out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2008, 04:06 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Please fix the interceptions, deep passes, and special teams. I will be eagerly awaiting that patch before I purchase the game. I'll be renting it for sure though.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:24 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

The game would be fine ON THE FIELD if they didn't somehow screw up the kick/punt coverage from demo to retail version. UNACCEPTABLE!!! How in the world can the DEMO be more complete of a game???????? Better pass rush and a functional special teams. I don't get why the game has to be released before anything could be patched. When was community day? The game sounded pretty much complete then and the things that were pointed out then were supposedly fixed for Madden but unable to be fixed for NCAA.

Why are we waiting until the game is released to start a list? A patch should have already be in the works and been ready for consumers on release day.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I have a question about how patches work. If I start a dynasty when the game comes out and it is indeed patched later, will the patch apply the franchise I've had running, or will it only affect new franchises started after the patch has been downloaded?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »