Home

Rent before purchase? Anyone else?

This is a discussion on Rent before purchase? Anyone else? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 12:44 AM   #1
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5
Rent before purchase? Anyone else?

With all the reports of bugs and glitches, this game has turned into a "release day pick up" to a "release day rental."

I'm going to have to see all these bugs for myself. There are so many complaints...it's a bit unbelievable that the game is so buggy, and has many of the same faults that 08 had.

On the other hand, there have also been some very positive comments as well.

So do the positives outweigh the negatives? I'm not sure. But I know enough that I'm going to drop an automatic $60 and be stuck with a game that I don't enjoy. Bottom line: These bugs have killed a definite sale EA. (Maybe that's why they're so against people getting it early...lol) Going to have to rent it before I make any kind of a decision now. Had it pre-ordered and everything.

What about you guys? How do you feel?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 12:47 AM   #2
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Rent before purchase? Anyone else?

this game is awesome. i haven't noticed any glitches or bugs and things of that nature yet. there is nothing really big going on with the game, to me it's the best football game since 2k5 HANDS DOWN.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 07-13-2008, 01:03 AM   #3
Tide is Rolling in!

exboxfan's Arena

OVR: 7

Although there may be many gliches or concerns I will still pick the game up on the release day as I have every year.

This is the only game I can say that is a must have for myself.

The posts do make me leary but I will still purchase.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:04 AM   #4
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate19
With all the reports of bugs and glitches, this game has turned into a "release day pick up" to a "release day rental."

I'm going to have to see all these bugs for myself. There are so many complaints...it's a bit unbelievable that the game is so buggy, and has many of the same faults that 08 had.

On the other hand, there have also been some very positive comments as well.

So do the positives outweigh the negatives? I'm not sure. But I know enough that I'm going to drop an automatic $60 and be stuck with a game that I don't enjoy. Bottom line: These bugs have killed a definite sale EA. (Maybe that's why they're so against people getting it early...lol) Going to have to rent it before I make any kind of a decision now. Had it pre-ordered and everything.

What about you guys? How do you feel?
Yeah, after the past two years (with NCAA '07 & '08 being major disappointments IMO), I've gone from wait and see approach... to thinking "this game looks much improved, I'm picking this up on day one" ... now, back to rent first and maybe buy later. Right now, my number one worry is that I won't be able to play with named rosters on the PS3.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:11 AM   #5
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Definitely will be a possible rental or a quick borrow from a friend some time next week. This will be the first year since 01 (Basic Training) where I don't get the game on day one because I am definitely not going to buy before trying. I may even rent Madden after skipping it the past two years. From what I am reading, I don't think I will enjoy it long term, but I do want to see for myself.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Last edited by trobinson97; 07-13-2008 at 01:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 01:13 AM   #6
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I will buy because i'm weak

However if I don't like it long term i'll just trade it in at some point.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-13-2008, 01:14 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm on the fence. I won't need to rent it, I'll buy it once I have enough evidence to support whether or not I want to shell out $60 for the game.

There's a ton of things I need to see fixed and/or addressed before I decide.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:15 AM   #8
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I hate to be so redundant on here as I've stated this before, but I have canceled my pre-order after being burned in 08 w/ NCAA and Madden IMO. I was hoping for a fun, functional game and by all reports it IS fun ... when it is functional. Which right now, is not for sure.

So I've decided to vote w/ my money and not buy on day 1, I will rent (because I get free rentals) but I won't actually purchase NCAA 09 unless the things that I feel need to be fixed, are fixed in a patch at which point I'd pick it up for $35-40 and have the game that I intended to get for $63 at midnight launch.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »