Home

NCAA Football 09: Community Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09: Community Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2008, 01:18 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwil5050
because alot of people don't really know what they talking about. this game is very realistic and i wrote that it's the closest thing to 2k5(as far as overall grade is concerned).
That's comforting to hear you say, Jwill. I see you on the 2k forums and know you have a good sense of what's what. All the stuff in the impressions forum has sounded fairly negative. I can't wait to get the game and make my own decision. Thank god for Pasta!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
I have a friend who got his early on the 360 and it plays really well. Its smooth and a great step up from last year(getting closer to the 06 version). And for the roster buffs like me...He hasnt had any problems with the roster so far. Up to 40 teams and counting.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:39 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 09: Community Impressions

The best thing about the game so far is the control you have over your running back. Its pretty good. I think the game is gonna be well recieved but I would caution that people dont get overly hyped about game. It improved some things but some of the old quirks and some new ones are there.

There may be alot of negatives about the game due to not understanding how things work in the game just yet and also what difficulty people are playing on may have a large affect on things.

IMO the game is better than 08 but on the field its not a whole lot different. Just dont over hype the game in your mind and I think most will like it. Its grown on me since last night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 02:52 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA Football 09: Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwil5050
because alot of people don't really know what they talking about. this game is very realistic and i wrote that it's the closest thing to 2k5(as far as overall grade is concerned).
I have the game and the CPU QB is averaging 75-80% completion rate every game. That's not realistic.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:08 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
What are the negatives....4-6 avg. sacks a game between two teams....how is that bad. You can actually stand in the pocket unlike madden 08 and so on.

The offensive in college has always been the big number unless you play a power house with great D.

On the visual side,it has taken a great leap fowrd,they look like real college players instead of madden HULKS in college unies.

I dont know about everybody else but other than a pre-game show like last gen 06 verison, I can't complain..This game is great they are on the right track.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #14
Rookie for life...

Wasted Penguins's Arena

OVR: 12
I got this game Friday and I agree 100% with this article. This, to me, is right up there with APF 2K8 and NFL 2K5. Its a blast.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
The game is sick, sooo many things you can do...great improvement compared to last year.
Here is some of my highlights

EASW - Noel Devine 2

EASW - Noel Devine - Whoa

EASW - Noel Devine - Diving for Air?

EASW - Devine - KR TD

Will play on heisman next to test out the A.I more, practiced on that level but yet to have a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
how do you have the game already?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »