Home

NCAA Football 09: Community Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09: Community Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2008, 10:22 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 09: Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatdaddy
Look at Marion Barbers run vs New England last year. Way more ridiculous than that. Things like that do happen in real football, we just seem to forget sometimes.
Alright, once is understandable. I mean, yeah it happens, so like 1 / 1000. Alright.

4 times in one game? No way.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:46 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Look at Marion Barbers run vs New England last year. Way more ridiculous than that. Things like that do happen in real football, we just seem to forget sometimes.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=A3G-AccySjo

yeh...but Barbers run went for 2 yards...not 80 and a TD...which only makes my point, when you run backwards, the defense catchs up to you regardless of how nutty the play is (Unless it's an EA game).
Old 07-13-2008, 10:49 PM   #35
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
I think tomorrow I'm just gonna upload video highlights of running up the middle for 3 yards over and over. Then people will freak that there is no big plays!

That's a problem we expected to see with the video highlights feature. Only the craziest, most spectacular plays will get uploaded and people might thing the game is always like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 11:07 PM   #36
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I think tomorrow I'm just gonna upload video highlights of running up the middle for 3 yards over and over. Then people will freak that there is no big plays!

That's a problem we expected to see with the video highlights feature. Only the craziest, most spectacular plays will get uploaded and people might thing the game is always like that.
I understand what you mean with the spectacular plays, but when say..FAU does that against like USC's defense like three or four times during the game is when I start to raise questions but it's all good.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:23 PM   #37
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by erivera7
Not trying to be pessimistic, but considering we have a thread dedicated to bugs/glitches, another to gameplay issues, you would think there would be a fair balance of pro's and con's. If I was an outsider, I would think this is game is incredible (I'm a Journalism major btw), when in fairness, it's fun but has too many glaring flaws that can't be ignored.

Bingo, that's my point (and was about to get to it before this thread was for some reason closed and now all of a sudden it's back open....). Look, I realize those MM dudes are pretty much company guys or what have you, but if you are going to post an article the least you could do is kind of pretend to be objective. I'm no journalism major, but it doesn't take one to see the slant.

The fact of the matter is, even without the major bug (which this "article" almost practically glossed over) that causes the game to crash and teams to disappear, the impressions were shaky at best. There were a lot more negative impressions than positives and the majority of the positives came from people who are either easily pleased or seem to be clearly defending EA no matter what. I'll put it like this, the people that are defending EA are people I've come to do so all the time, call them what you will. The ones that are being objective about it are surprising me because I just knew they were in that same category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwil5050
because alot of people don't really know what they talking about. this game is very realistic and i wrote that it's the closest thing to 2k5(as far as overall grade is concerned).
As for this Jwil guy's comments, you take that as you will. He claims that people playing the game and giving [negative]impressions with video and screenshots of their claims don't know what they are talking about. Now tell me, what videos have you seen posted by this guy to back up his claims? I am not calling him a liar but I'd check his gamertag if I could. AuburnAlumni is about as staunch a supporter of this game as anyone and he posted vids showing how dumbed down the AI is and talked about the other game play issues that may not even get patched. You're gonna tell me this guy is more credible than AA?

Now you have people telling you, "Spend the money, try it yourself." Well, sure that's one idea, but the purpose of impressions is to give you the consumer a good idea of just what it is you are getting into. Of course, it's ultimately up to you to decide how to spend your money, but it'd probably be in your best interest to try to be informed.

Once you've spent the money, your opinion on the game is pretty much null and void, believe whatever you want about their devs being on this board. Your dollars tell EA what is acceptable and what is not. If half a million people decideto spend 60 bucks on something that has up to now has been reported to have a plethora of issues with it just because they want to "try it for themselves", they just told EA that "We will give you our money no matter what crap you give us."

Impressions are pretty much the same thing as reviews, you use them to help you make better purchasing decisions for yourself. The same people who say, "If this year EA messes up I won't buy again next year" will be the same people getting taken for chumps the next year.

All EA has to do is just provide you with a little bit of hope for next year. You can see it already in this forum, just read a little. They will give you the shiny little features that make you say "Wow" on a marketing video, give vague little comments about how something will possibly be fixed next year and you eat it up. "This year is the year." Right? When is this year going to be the year that you finally get it?

Honestly, this is not an "I hate EA" post. I do not "hate" EA. I have bought and enjoyed my share of EA games (and I wish one in particular was reviewed well enough to warrant my purchase of it on Tuesday). But they are a multi-billion dollar company who I have no reason to trust. I know you guys say "You should be happy they have their devs here to listen to us" but I say you guys should realize that for what it is; a public relations ploy to get you to believe they care what you are talking about. They didn't get to be a multi-billion company by listening to you complain on messageboards. They got their by your dollars going into their pockets every year. They don't have to change a thing with their business model, it works. Listening to you is not in the cards. The only thing that you could possibly do to get their attention is to stop giving them your money for sub par products.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Last edited by trobinson97; 07-13-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:34 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Bingo, that's my point (and was about to get to it before this thread was for some reason closed and now all of a sudden it's back open....). Look, I realize those MM dudes are pretty much company guys or what have you, but if you are going to post an article the least you could do is kind of pretend to be objective. I'm no journalism major, but it doesn't take one to see the slant.

The fact of the matter is, even without the major bug (which this "article" almost practically glossed over) that causes the game to crash and teams to disappear, the impressions were shaky at best. There were a lot more negative impressions than positives and the majority of the positives came from people who are either easily pleased or seem to be clearly defending EA no matter what. I'll put it like this, the people that are defending EA are people I've come to do so all the time, call them what you will. The ones that are being objective about it are surprising me because I just knew they were in that same category.

As for this Jwil guy's comments, you take that as you will. He claims that people playing the game and giving [negative]impressions with video and screenshots of their claims don't know what they are talking about. Now tell me, what videos have you seen posted by this guy to back up his claims? I am not calling him a liar but I'd check his gamertag if I could. AuburnAlumni is about as staunch a supporter of this game as anyone and he posted vids showing how dumbed down the AI is and talked about the other game play issues that may not even get patched. You're gonna tell me this guy is more credible than AA?

Now you have people telling you, "Spend the money, try it yourself." Well, sure that's one idea, but the purpose of impressions is to give you the consumer a good idea of just what it is you are getting into. Of course, it's ultimately up to you to decide how to spend your money, but it'd probably be in your best interest to try to be informed.

Once you've spent the money, your opinion on the game is pretty much null and void, believe whatever you want about their devs being on this board. Your dollars tell EA what is acceptable and what is not. If half a million people decideto spend 60 bucks on something that has up to now has been reported to have a plethora of issues with it just because they want to "try it for themselves", they just told EA that "We will give you our money no matter what crap you give us."

Impressions are pretty much the same thing as reviews, you use them to help you make better purchasing decisions for yourself. The same people who say, "If this year EA messes up I won't buy again next year" will be the same people getting taken for chumps the next year.

All EA has to do is just provide you with a little bit of hope for next year. You can see it already in this forum, just read a little. They will give you the shiny little features that make you say "Wow" on a marketing video, give vague little comments about how something will possibly be fixed next year and you eat it up. "This year is the year." Right? When is this year going to be the year that you finally get it?

Honestly, this is not an "I hate EA" post. I do not "hate" EA. I have bought and enjoyed my share of EA games (and I wish one in particular was reviewed well enough to warrant my purchase of it on Tuesday). But they are a multi-billion dollar company who I have no reason to trust. I know you guys say "You should be happy they have their devs here to listen to us" but I say you guys should realize that for what it is; a public relations ploy to get you to believe they care what you are talking about. They didn't get to be a multi-billion company by listening to you complain on messageboards. They got their by your dollars going into their pockets every year. They don't have to change a thing with their business model, it works. Listening to you is not in the cards. The only thing that you could possibly do to get their attention is to stop giving them your money for sub par products.
Definitely agree with you on those points you made. I'm not an EA ***** and I've loved plenty of their games, but you need/have to point out their faults. Or else your doing yourself a disservice.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:46 PM   #39
Pro

gallandro's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblue
Dude. No offense, but those are some of the most unrealistic, impossible moves I have ever seen. It looks like the runner is ice skating and everyone on D is trying to run after you. If this is what this game plays like, i'll pass.
Agreed... that KR in particular is a joke. Once he breaks for the sideline there's defender in front of him, all the defender has to do is stand in front of the kick returner and force him either out of bounds or into a crowd of players where he's sure to be tackled, but nooooooo he decides to run stride for stride with him down the sideline, never once trying to stop the returner... this looks pretty bad.

Yancy
Old 07-13-2008, 11:47 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

Question: Is there a large difference between the 720p PS3 version and the 1080p 360 version? I pre-ordered the ps3 version, but if the 360 version looks better, I'd rather get that. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »