Home

**The NCAA 09 Roster Issue Thread**

This is a discussion on **The NCAA 09 Roster Issue Thread** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2008, 08:57 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Teams are disappearing now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
For you. For a lot, a lot of people this is pretty damn big.

Is it really as blissful as they say?
Based on your avater, you clearly have an emotioinally vested interest in EA screwing up, thus you probably want to take a step back.

The title of this is teams are dissapearing correct?

Now are they not dissapearing because of a roster file, not the default roster that comes with the game? If that is true, then it is not a problem with the game (techincally), its a problem with the file.

How is this a game killer? (I understand for FK) Unless I am missing something here just download pastapadres rosters and do not start editing a bunch of things. His roster names are perfect.

Last edited by blevins; 07-13-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 09:03 AM   #42
Rookie

Freezer Boy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins
Best on your avater, you clearly have an emotioinally vested interest in EA screwing up, thus you probably want to take a step back.

Now are they not dissapearing because of a roster file, not the default roster that comes with the game? If that is true, then it is not a problem with the game (techincally), its a problem with the file.

How is this a game killer? (I understand for FK) Unless I am missing something here just download pastapadres rosters and do not start editing a bunch of things. His roster names are perfect.
The thing is it happens to everyone who edits rosters. So it really is a problem with the game. I know for some people just downloading Pasta's rosters and not doing any further editing would work just fine. But some people like myself actually like to edit more. And now with all these bugs you can't.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:03 AM   #43
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Best on your avater, you clearly have an emotioinally vested interest in EA screwing up, thus you probably want to take a step back.

While you are chastizing everyone, please reread Fairdale's original post. He started out with default rosters. Then 13 teams in this began. Then he switched to Pasta's Rosters. Hence, big panic.....

Edit: I will say that I'm kinda like you in regards to I'll just play with the unedited Pasta rosters until they figure this out. But I would like to revise my Wolverines some as I feel they got the hose on the default rosters this year. So big issue, but not game-killer for me.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 07-13-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:05 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

Can a mod please delete all this crap. We don't need an argument as to if this bug is a game killer or not. It's obvious that for some it is and for others it isn't. And it's not an EA thing either. Just look at GTA 4. It happens with a lot of games on next gen. Let's get positive and try to find a solution or a workaround, or comment on experiences.

Last edited by hayvis; 07-13-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:11 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayvis
Can a mod please delete all this crap. We don't need an argument as to if this bug is a game killer or not. It's obvious that for some it is and for others it isn't.
WOW, if I am responding to people addressing and mocking my opinion how can I be the one creating an argument.

Why am I not allowed to state my opinion on the matter? It seems like I may be the only person here not allowed to think the way I do; yet I am the bad guy for sticking up for my thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 09:13 AM   #46
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

has anyone tried to name the rosters inside dynasty mode to see if the freezes/lockups still happen? Just a thought.

And guys, lets quit debating the severity of the bug/glitch. Its obviously a big deal to most, so if its a not a big deal to you and you don't use named rosters, then kindly stay out of this thread, unless you are going to try and help out with the issue.

Thanks.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-13-2008, 09:16 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
While you are chastizing everyone, please reread Fairdale's original post. He started out with default rosters. Then 13 teams in this began. Then he switched to Pasta's Rosters. Hence, big panic.....
He switched to Pastas and then edited over 40 players.

Based on this thread and the other one, I am worried some people are getting confused about there are two glitches. The game freezes. Pastas file is corrupt if you edit it. AT THIS TIME, one is a game issue and one is an issue created (obviously not on purpose) by a game user.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

I appreciate everyone's help in getting the word out on this ASAP. I just checked EA's site to check their return policy, and while I can't cancel my pre-order, their return policy allows me to ship the game back on Tuesday. The price I'll pay to mail it back to them was more than worth the time it allowed me to apparently find out that the game is sufficiently broken to merit my purchase.

EA, in the words of Keanu Reeves, "Dude, there's a bomb on the bus." You've got 48 hours to defuse this bad boy!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »