Home

**The NCAA 09 Roster Issue Thread**

This is a discussion on **The NCAA 09 Roster Issue Thread** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #65
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Teams are disappearing now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
any response from our boys at EA on this yet?! I bet OMT is shat a brick when he saw that vid.

I'm glad I waited. Now I am definitely waiting a week or so on Madden too!
I wouldn't think they would even care to respond right now, the street date was broken again, and until the 15th, they are probably saying who cares right now, nobody is suppose to own the game right now.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 10:02 AM   #66
Pro

OVR: 8

Is this happening in all game modes? Can someone with an edited roster file see if this messes up teams in dynasty and online mode. As long as it works for dynasty i'm fine with it.

If it does happen in dynasty mode I wonder if that is messing with the stats that people have posted since teams would either be playing 0 rated teams or no team at all.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 29

LOL. I dont know if they are saying 'Who Cares'! Seriously. I would HOPE that they are coming up with a release day patch for this problem. At this rate it has gone gold so there is really no going back. Unless there is a complete recall.

In that case, can you imagine what Ian and the guys that make Madden are thinking at this point?!
Old 07-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #68
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Wow.

I got the 360 version yesterday. I downloaded Pasta's roster from the EA Locker. The only change I made was to edit equipment for two Houston players, QB 7 (Keenum) and QB 15 (Joseph).

When I go to "play now", I find that one team's ratings seem to have been effected. FIU (which I didn't touch) is showing up as overall 0, offense 0, defense 15.

When I go to "team management-view & edit rosters", a fully named FIU team is there. When I start an exhibition game w/FIU it works without a hitch.

I'm not sure what's going on here, but it seems clear that it's a good idea to hold off on making any changes to the rosters until we hear from EA on this. Pasta's roster works, so 360 owners should be ok. PS3 folks appear to be SOL for the time being.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #69
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMonts
Is this happening in all game modes? Can someone with an edited roster file see if this messes up teams in dynasty and online mode. As long as it works for dynasty i'm fine with it.

If it does happen in dynasty mode I wonder if that is messing with the stats that people have posted since teams would either be playing 0 rated teams or no team at all.

I think that's a great question and idea. FK can you do that? Go into dynasty with a team that has one of the missing teams on it's schedule.

Of course, it still doesn't help when you try to edit the players on the team and it doesn't show but I am curious as to what would happen. Could that help narrow down where the problem is coming from?

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #70
Rookie

Freezer Boy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Wow.

I got the 360 version yesterday. I downloaded Pasta's roster from the EA Locker. The only change I made was to edit equipment for two Houston players, QB 7 (Keenum) and QB 15 (Joseph).

When I go to "play now", I find that one team's ratings seem to have been effected. FIU (which I didn't touch) is showing up as overall 0, offense 0, defense 15.

When I go to "team management-view & edit rosters", a fully named FIU team is there. When I start an exhibition game w/FIU it works without a hitch.

I'm not sure what's going on here, but it seems clear that it's a good idea to hold off on making any changes to the rosters until we hear from EA on this. Pasta's roster works, so 360 owners should be ok. PS3 folks appear to be SOL for the time being.
I'm not sure if you've gotten far enough to know this or not, but do we know for sure that if we download Pasta's rosters and don't edit anyone that it will work fine. Like can I play dynasty mode okay this way?

Last edited by Freezer Boy; 07-13-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #71
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I hear everyone's frustration, but being able to edit rosters is a bonus on these games, I know it's not the same, but there is a generate players names, even know they will be fake, I will still be satisfied, I love college football but I'm not that big on it as I am with the NFL, so I don't know every teams player anyway, so playing with generated names is just fine with me, I think the game is still solid.
Wow...They might as well strip the team names & likeness then & release there version of All-Pro football then...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 10:20 AM   #72
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Wow...They might as well strip the team names & likeness then & release there version of All-Pro football then...
The last time I checked it's the NCAA, and the names aren't even suppose to be allowed, like I said it's bonus all these year we were able to edit, so until it's fixed, I will generated names.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »