Home

So the bottomline is?

This is a discussion on So the bottomline is? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2008, 12:20 PM   #17
Pro

Geauxldenboy's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: So the bottomline is?

Dyansty mode APPEARS to be safe. I started one with the unedited version of Pasta's rosters and both teams actually showed up on the field. After a few plays I super simmed the rest, which is another story as LSU beat FCS SE 103-0 by putting up 876yds of offense. I then went into the team management area and made a few equipment changes to a couple of guys on different teams and started another game. Again, SO FAR, both teams are on the field and everything looks normal. All of the teams appear in the team management section, players are named and they seem to have the correct ratings. Super simming game 2 LSU beat Troy 48-27.

So the bottom line appears to be that you can play with Pasta's base set or you may be able to tweak a few guys and be ok, but the exact number isn't known.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #18
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geauxldenboy
Dyansty mode APPEARS to be safe. I started one with the unedited version of Pasta's rosters and both teams actually showed up on the field. After a few plays I super simmed the rest, which is another story as LSU beat FCS SE 103-0 by putting up 876yds of offense. I then went into the team management area and made a few equipment changes to a couple of guys on different teams and started another game. Again, SO FAR, both teams are on the field and everything looks normal. All of the teams appear in the team management section, players are named and they seem to have the correct ratings. Super simming game 2 LSU beat Troy 48-27.

So the bottom line appears to be that you can play with Pasta's base set or you may be able to tweak a few guys and be ok, but the exact number isn't known.
Thats exactly what I was going to ask.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geauxldenboy

Dude you are a godsend amongst all this madness...LOL
Old 07-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #20
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11

I've had the game since Friday evening and the very first thing I did was download pasta's roster so I cant answer anything about play without them. I have not made one edit to the rosters and did not have one problem at all. I do think this is a big issue however, not to say pastapadre's roster isnt good because it will do, everyone has the correct names but I really look forward to Fairdale's roster every year.... the guy is amazing at doing all the little edits and such that just adds alot to the game. I've started a dynasty and played 2 games and I have played around 8-10 vs the cpu and 3 games vs my friend with no freezes at all....Havent played online yet so no answer to that but aslong as you dont edit pasta's rosters you will be fine until hopefully EA sends out a patch.......Also this is just my personal opinion but please PLEASE dont let this problem stop you from buying this game, it is a very good game and I have had soo much fun playing it the past few days. I personally think roster naming is a huge aspect to ncaa, I remember personally naming the top 25 teams by myself back in the day (before I knew FK and others did this) so take that as you will but I just cant see not playing such a good game(yes it has flaws but what game doesnt) over this issue.You guys remember when Madden and NCAA was soo fun to play that you just had a blast playing it with all your friends and your dynasty and when you werent playing it, you were thinking about playing it?? LOL well maybe that was just me but it has been a VERY long time since I felt that way about ncaa or madden, but Im really feeling that way about this game....Again im just stating my opinion and im sure people are going to disagree with me
Old 07-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #21
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

From cdj and ncaa startegies

Auto-named the players.....at least in Play Now they all appear (or at least FIU did, my benchmark).

Looking through the rosters, here are some of the longest last name in the database:

Alexander
Anderson
Blackstock
Blankenship
Blumenthal
Campanella
Christensen
Concepcion
Cunningham
(adding as we speak)

Remember, the longest name allowed in 09 is:
Brandenburghw

So none of the names generated in the database are near that length.

IMO, this pretty much implies what suggested earlier - they added extra room for characters in editing names, but the file cannot handle it. Once too many 'long names' get entered, FIU and others get pushed out to make room.

So now, it seems that maybe if long names are edited down, perhaps a file could be made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steez3
I've had the game since Friday evening and the very first thing I did was download pasta's roster so I cant answer anything about play without them. I have not made one edit to the rosters and did not have one problem at all. I do think this is a big issue however, not to say pastapadre's roster isnt good because it will do, everyone has the correct names but I really look forward to Fairdale's roster every year.... the guy is amazing at doing all the little edits and such that just adds alot to the game. I've started a dynasty and played 2 games and I have played around 8-10 vs the cpu and 3 games vs my friend with no freezes at all....Havent played online yet so no answer to that but aslong as you dont edit pasta's rosters you will be fine until hopefully EA sends out a patch.......Also this is just my personal opinion but please PLEASE dont let this problem stop you from buying this game, it is a very good game and I have had soo much fun playing it the past few days. I personally think roster naming is a huge aspect to ncaa, I remember personally naming the top 25 teams by myself back in the day (before I knew FK and others did this) so take that as you will but I just cant see not playing such a good game(yes it has flaws but what game doesnt) over this issue.You guys remember when Madden and NCAA was soo fun to play that you just had a blast playing it with all your friends and your dynasty and when you werent playing it, you were thinking about playing it?? LOL well maybe that was just me but it has been a VERY long time since I felt that way about ncaa or madden, but Im really feeling that way about this game....Again im just stating my opinion and im sure people are going to disagree with me
Thanks man....it's definitely a buy for me as well. Like I said earlier, having named rosters has been a nice luxury that we have enjoyed since NCAA 02, but I can honestly play without them given the fact that I'm more into offline dynasty than anything and by year 3 I'm more in-tuned to the new batch of players I have anyway. The guys who strictly play online, I can see their angst over not being able to have correct names, equip, class year, etc.

This problem is big enough that I'm confident EA will get it rectified so I'm not worried about that. I just want to make sure that when I go into dynasty mode and make a few edits to incoming recruits I just signed, like facemask, visor, etc. that the game will not lock up. Seems to me like this may not be a problem and that everything lies with the default named rosters not being messed with.

Thanks again for taking the time to give some input from what you have experienced thus far.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 7

So both the PS3 and 360 are experiencing this problem?
Old 07-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #24
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

yes. PS3 is actually better off though because we have a workaround so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
So both the PS3 and 360 are experiencing this problem?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »