Home

Has anyone had the edit roster crash without downloading a roster first?

This is a discussion on Has anyone had the edit roster crash without downloading a roster first? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2008, 09:48 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Has anyone had the edit roster crash without downloading a roster first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
I would try talking to 21SEC over at ncaastrategies. I know he started a file from scratch and then quit working on it, so it may have happened to him as well. Also, as someone else said, FK did start his file from scratch when it happened. So maybe the problem is a little bit more widespread than what you guys are thinking.
We haven't stopped working on it. Just the opposite, CDJ spent the day yesterday plugging names in....with no problems.

I don't know if there is a problem that the steps we used avoids, or if the first file was corrupted somehow. The guys at EA will let us know. In the meantime work continues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #26
Banned

russstwin1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
DT from earosters.com is getting by fine on the PS3 and 360
Extremely Accurate Rosters? It should be changed to Extremely Stolen rosters
Old 07-14-2008, 10:05 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 6

When I got the game on Friday, I downloaded pasta's roster file. I then edited Texas A&Ms team to make it more accurate. I saved the file under a new name (Aggies).

At some point later, when I would boot up the game, the system would try to automatically load in pasta's rosters. It would then give me an error message that said that pasta's rosters were corrupted and could not be loaded. I would then manually load my other roster file and it worked fine.

Later I deleted pasta's roster file from my system so that "Aggies" was the only on there. Now, when the game boots up, it loads in "Aggies" without any issues. I have never had a crash from the rosters.

2- other things

1- I have noticed when I was editing that sometimes the players names will get all blurry and highlighted in red. I would simply scroll to the next position view and then scroll back and it would be OK.

2- The system will only allow 69 players on the Texas A&M roster. The default has 67. But, it will only allow me to create 2 additional players. When I create the third (i.e. 70th player) it tells me the roster is full.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:29 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallaceNails
When I got the game on Friday, I downloaded pasta's roster file. I then edited Texas A&Ms team to make it more accurate. I saved the file under a new name (Aggies).

At some point later, when I would boot up the game, the system would try to automatically load in pasta's rosters. It would then give me an error message that said that pasta's rosters were corrupted and could not be loaded. I would then manually load my other roster file and it worked fine.

Later I deleted pasta's roster file from my system so that "Aggies" was the only on there. Now, when the game boots up, it loads in "Aggies" without any issues. I have never had a crash from the rosters.

2- other things

1- I have noticed when I was editing that sometimes the players names will get all blurry and highlighted in red. I would simply scroll to the next position view and then scroll back and it would be OK.

2- The system will only allow 69 players on the Texas A&M roster. The default has 67. But, it will only allow me to create 2 additional players. When I create the third (i.e. 70th player) it tells me the roster is full.
Very similar here, I downloaded Pasta's but never saved them to my HD, I simply renamed the file "Day1" (so I'd know which rosters I had after people tweak and so on) and I have had zero issues with the game, online dynasty and all.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #29
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
I would try talking to 21SEC over at ncaastrategies. I know he started a file from scratch and then quit working on it, so it may have happened to him as well. Also, as someone else said, FK did start his file from scratch when it happened. So maybe the problem is a little bit more widespread than what you guys are thinking.
Yeah, but he originally started working from CDJ's roster. We are able to get the crash here if we download CDJ's roster. An engineer is going to debug it, but we suspect the roster is already corrupt. What we need to do to fix this is find out how CDJ's roster got corrupted in the first place. We have testers trying to reproduce this again today.

There were hundreds of posts I saw across multiple message boards yesterday, and it made it look like everyone's game was blowing up in their faces. Considering that the game isn't out yet, it looked really bad. But I'm thinking it is people downloading bad rosters, not that everyone is going to have a problem like originally thought.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:57 AM   #30
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallaceNails

2- other things

This is by design. If we let you put 70 guys on a team, when you start a Campus Legend game and sign with that team it would blow up the game. So you can only put 69 players. I believe we left 2 open spaces for created players on each team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »