Home

There is NO ISSUE with the Pass Rush

This is a discussion on There is NO ISSUE with the Pass Rush within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #9
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: There is NO ISSUE with the Pass Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
I posted it in the impressions thread, but I'll say it again here.

I just finished a game against Wisconsin (#9) with Michigan (87 on defense) on All-American. I put every single offensive CPU slider at 100 and every single user defensive slider at zero.

I held Wisconsin to 13 points playing 12-minute quarters, and notched 8, yes 8, sacks. Not to mention their QB went 12 of 34, but with only 2 INTs.

Can I say this again, just so that it will sink in a bit?

User break-block at 0.
User tackle at 0.
User awareness at 0.

CPU pass block at 100.
CPU QB accuracy at 100.

All-American.

13 points allowed. 8 sacks. Only 2 INTs.

If it's not clear enough, what I'm getting at is that if you're not seeing any defense on this game, you're not any good at defense. Sorry to put it that way, but there it is.

On a more positive note, for my money, all the "no defense" posts (my own included, I did make a couple) can be safely dismissed, imho.

This game simply gets better every game I play.
So on AA, you saw tons of pressure. Do you feel that was a result of the sliders (possibly being reversed) or what? Do you feel that at default, or somewhere other than 100-0 that you can get pressure? Thanks for keeping us posted!

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:17 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
So on AA, you saw tons of pressure. Do you feel that was a result of the sliders (possibly being reversed) or what? Do you feel that at default, or somewhere other than 100-0 that you can get pressure? Thanks for keeping us posted!
Reversed could be a good point. I have only played once offline and didnt touch sliders but I am playing usc online right now and have three hurries and one sack in the first half and he ran half as many plays as someone usually does.

Just got another sack to start the second half
Old 07-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #11
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins
If you havent played then dont post. I am really tired of this speculation by people that havent played.

I just played online and had 4 sacks against florida state. Two by defensive linemen.
I have yet to see the flipping or pancaking of half the defensive line. I do think the pressure by dline should be turned up some because I am playing with the best dline in the game and I had to blitz a lot to get those sacks and also because the AI for man coverage is too dumb/slow that if the qb has a good amount of time, a crossing/under pattern is money against man for a big gain.
Will you give me a freaking break with this ****! Since when do we have to have the game to post in every thread? You have posted the "if you don't....... at least 4 times. Just move on! A mod came into the EA impressions thread and said not to post if you didn't have the game. Fair enough. Understood. I get it. Shall we not post in any thread? You act like your some a member of some special elitist club or something.

There are plenty of people that are on the fence about whether or not they want to buy the game because of all the negative impressions. Guess what? They're (me) going to have questions and opinions. It's a freaking blog, that's what it's for.

Thanks for the thread Undefeated. This is one "issue" that had me worried. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the pass rush in the demo.

Did you find that you were getting the majority of your sacks using the JTS feature? It's also interesting to see that the reverse slider theory may work.

Last edited by therizing02; 07-14-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 08:59 AM   #12
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

undefeated is playing on the ps3...maybe it's just a 360 thing again??????

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 07-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17

Hmmmm, I am not seeing the pressure like that. I wonder if he is getting the sacks manually or if its the CPU. I sure wish he would post a bit more detail then that. I know I am NOT very good with stick skillz but on AA with default sliders I am not seeing sacks like that except when the CPU QB tries to scramble around for no reason and gets sacked for like 1 yard loss. IMO, the CPU QB does do some stupid stuff far too often. They need to build in different sets of rules for what QBs do based on their ratings.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

To help us all understand, why not post some sacks on EA Sportsworld so we can take a look?
Old 07-14-2008, 10:19 AM   #15
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Wisconsin only has 1 shotgun formation in their playbook. In my experience, the issue is significantly worse in shotgun than under center. Have you been able to produce similar/realistic results against teams that primarily play out of the shotgun?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #16
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

As I said in my impression of 2 games.

The issues don't seem to pop up every game.

In my first game, I was Ou and playd against La. Tech. I barely got to the QB all game. I don't know if I even sacked him once. This is La. Tech people!

In my second game, I was Penn State against Ohio State, and I got to OSU's QB at least twice in the first quarter. That gamw was much more balanced in every aspect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »