Home

There is NO ISSUE with the Pass Rush

This is a discussion on There is NO ISSUE with the Pass Rush within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2008, 11:21 AM   #25
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: There is NO ISSUE with the Pass Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Glad to here thee is no issue with the pass rush. Seems more jump to conclusion issues that are cleared up..
I would think it is more of a jump to a conclusion to say there is no problem only after 1 game, not the other way around.

This is a ridiculous statement to make after 1 game. There needs to be a larger sampling of games to make any kind of assessment either way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 12:01 PM   #26
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
I posted it in the impressions thread, but I'll say it again here.

I just finished a game against Wisconsin (#9) with Michigan (87 on defense) on All-American. I put every single offensive CPU slider at 100 and every single user defensive slider at zero.

I held Wisconsin to 13 points playing 12-minute quarters, and notched 8, yes 8, sacks. Not to mention their QB went 12 of 34, but with only 2 INTs.

Can I say this again, just so that it will sink in a bit?

User break-block at 0.
User tackle at 0.
User awareness at 0.

CPU pass block at 100.
CPU QB accuracy at 100.

All-American.

13 points allowed. 8 sacks. Only 2 INTs.

If it's not clear enough, what I'm getting at is that if you're not seeing any defense on this game, you're not any good at defense. Sorry to put it that way, but there it is.

On a more positive note, for my money, all the "no defense" posts (my own included, I did make a couple) can be safely dismissed, imho.

This game simply gets better every game I play.
GREAT.........now the sliders apparently don't work! No one should get these kind of results if the sliders worked properly.

Last edited by Rules; 07-14-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
GREAT.........now the sliders apparently don't work! No one should get these kind of results if the sliders worked properly.
Look out, Chicken Little. The sky is falling.

Seriously guys...don't bitch about a game you haven't played. This is the PRIME EXAMPLE of the types of posts we don't want. You assume that A + B = C when it may in fact, = Z.

Just keep your thoughts to yourself until you try it for yourself.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #28
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I can attest to the QB pressure as I've gotten pressure also. Every game? No. Seems more random than anything else right now but I've had games with pressure and some without. Either way the game is a BLAST.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #29
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Well this reminds me of the Iraqi War Information guy.

You've got to be kidding me. Undefeated....there IS a pass rush issue. The freaking Lead Developer has even stated as such.

That's great that you had a game with a bunch of sacks. I've played about 20 and haven't gotten more than 1 or 2 a game....that includes matching Powerhouses against Creampuffs.

There is a very big issue with Pass Rush IMO. When 2 out of 4 Down linemen get knocked off their feet every SINGLE play...that's an issue.

On a side note....does this mean I can start my own thread too saying.... There IS an issue with Pass Rush.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #30
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Look out, Chicken Little. The sky is falling.

Seriously guys...don't bitch about a game you haven't played. This is the PRIME EXAMPLE of the types of posts we don't want. You assume that A + B = C when it may in fact, = Z.

Just keep your thoughts to yourself until you try it for yourself.

What would you conclude here if the user sliders are at 0 and the CPU is at 100%? Does that sound like the sliders work? I'm just asking before you jump on my case concerning the primary post? My point is that yes, I have only played the demo. No, I do not have the game. You don't see me bitching other than making a point with one of two conclusions here:

1) Either the sliders don't work?
2) Or the primary post is BS.

If countless posters including the developers state that pass rush is a problem, then something is wrong with this picture. I am a defensive player so it matters to me. Let's talk about drawing conclusions here:

If the radio and your friends kept saying that the highway you are on has stopped traffic and you might want to avoid it, do you have to drive your car up to find out for yourself or do you go a different route to avoid that mess? I never said the sky is falling so try not to conclude that on my part. Just pointed out that either one person is not being upfront vs the countless ones who state that pass rushing is a problem.

Last edited by Rules; 07-14-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 13

It never ceases to amaze me what people will believe based on some ananomous post. It's different where you have come to trust someone over the years, I guess (Bill Abner), but people will radically alter their beliefs based upon nothing more than one internet post that even if itself true is based upon necessarily incomplete data.

Crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #32
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10

Playing since Saturday morning and have no issue yet with pass rush. I use NO sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »