Home

If the rosters are such an issue...

This is a discussion on If the rosters are such an issue... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
If the rosters are such an issue...

...can you not just edit the default rosters yourself?

I keep hearing how not having pasta's rosters from day 1 is now considered a game killer. Well, you don't have to download his rosters. Instead, edit names and such yourselves or just wait a few days until someone else does if it's that much of an issue.

I think everyone got spoiled by pastapadre's announcement that he would have rosters from day 1. Before his announcement, everyone assumed they'd have to wait a day or two for full roster edits. Now that pastapadre's rosters have been found to be corrupt and puled off the shelf, people act like this is some inexcusable mishap, when in reality, everyone was going to have to wait for the rosters anyway.

Also, from what I hear (not sure if the resources are 100% reliable), pastapadre received his rosters from programmers who actually programmed the names into the game's code rather than editing the names within the game. Trying to edit the players would result in breaking the game's code. If this is right, editing the default rosters should be no problem.

So we have three options:
1) Edit the rosters ourselves
2) Wait for a working set of rosters to show up in the EA Locker
3) Do neither and complain on the boards for our laziness or impatience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
Hi.

bling1202's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: If the rosters are such an issue...

It is my understanding that the PS3 version freezes when editing rosters.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeseenBurrito
...can you not just edit the default rosters yourself?

I keep hearing how not having pasta's rosters from day 1 is now considered a game killer. Well, you don't have to download his rosters. Instead, edit names and such yourselves or just wait a few days until someone else does if it's that much of an issue.

I think everyone got spoiled by pastapadre's announcement that he would have rosters from day 1. Before his announcement, everyone assumed they'd have to wait a day or two for full roster edits. Now that pastapadre's rosters have been found to be corrupt and puled off the shelf, people act like this is some inexcusable mishap, when in reality, everyone was going to have to wait for the rosters anyway.

Also, from what I hear (not sure if the resources are 100% reliable), pastapadre received his rosters from programmers who actually programmed the names into the game's code rather than editing the names within the game. Trying to edit the players would result in breaking the game's code. If this is right, editing the default rosters should be no problem.

So we have three options:
1) Edit the rosters ourselves
2) Wait for a working set of rosters to show up in the EA Locker
3) Do neither and complain on the boards for our laziness or impatience.
I understand where you are coming from...BUT...I hardly think it is laziness to say people on here are complaining about the rosters since there are 116 teams to eidt...ONE HUNDRED SIXTEEN!

Laziness would be not wanting to edit 10 teams, or a conference. Not 116!

With that said though I haven't been one of the complainers you're speaking of. All I want is the real names anyways which is why Pasta's rosters would be perfect for me. I don't plan on editing them from there.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I understand where you are coming from...BUT...I hardly think it is laziness to say people on here are complaining about the rosters since there are 116 teams to eidt...ONE HUNDRED SIXTEEN!

Laziness would be not wanting to edit 10 teams, or a conference. Not 116!

With that said though I haven't been one of the complainers you're speaking of. All I want is the real names anyways which is why Pasta's rosters would be perfect for me. I don't plan on editing them from there.
I understand there are 116 teams, but if people are that hardcore about having every single player on all 116 teams having their real names on the game, then why can't they just edit them? Personally, I usually just edit the highly rated players and my favorite teams. There are obviously some people out there, the roster-makers, that actually take the time to edit every single player. All I'm saying is if you want every player to have their real-life name in the game, either put them in yourself or wait.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:32 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Please use the already existing roster threads to discuss this problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »