Home

So are there penalties?

This is a discussion on So are there penalties? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2008, 02:33 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: So are there penalties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle
At least for me, I would have no problem if the game generated 4-9 penalties per team per game. However, I have never seen that many called in any game and I have had plenty of games without a single penalty called which never happens.
Have you forgot about Game 2 of Nba Finals? Just joking Slybelle. I have had about an average of 3 calls a game as many as 6-7.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #18
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Has anyone tried the reverse slider theory for penalties?
Old 07-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #19
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Have you forgot about Game 2 of Nba Finals? Just joking Slybelle. I have had about an average of 3 calls a game as many as 6-7.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #20
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Has anyone tried the reverse slider theory for penalties?
Yes, no difference for me.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
well, just a ?. how many penalties a game are you expecting? Cincinnati was the most penalized FBS team last year and averaged about 9.3 a game.

on the flip side, Army and Navy was the least, averaging 4 per game.

so it looks like the "ideal" range(for a season) should be 4-9 penalties a game.
I expect 4 or more playing on AA 7 min qts with sliders on default. Many more with sliders maxed out, none with sliders turned to 0. Funny thing is the guys from ea said that penalties sliders were improved. Based on what I have read so far penalties are the same and the sliders still don't work. If this is true ea you should be banned from making games forever. You will have lost all my trust to say nothing of respect.. I really don't understand why you feel its best to just flat out lie to us. I must say you have alot more guts then I do as far as lying to customers. I could never do it to one you guys have no trouble doing it to thousands of us year after year. If the posts I'm reading I apologize ahead of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
You guys are just going to eventually come to grips with the fact that since this is a VIDEO GAME and it's meant to be FUN, and since penalties aren't fun, we will NEVER see a console football game with a realistic number of penalties. The majority of people playing these games would hate it.

With that said, I did see a facemask call on an EA football game for the very first time EVER on my Xbox 360, playing this game Friday night.
My point is if you have sliders turning them down to 0 will result in 0 penalties. Mx them out and you should have to many. Sliders if in a games should at least have some affect on the game itself. What sucks is that ea says they have addressed this and that there are more in the game only to find out that nothing has changed at all. I don't understand the dishonesty.........

Thanks
Old 07-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #23
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

The sliders probably don't work. That is why no one seems to be noticing any difference regardless of what direction they are going.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:23 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
The sliders probably don't work. That is why no one seems to be noticing any difference regardless of what direction they are going.
LOL, gimme a friggin' break. They work. Just not as extreme as most people would like. Turn them down to 0 and you get no penalties. Turn them up to 100, you get more than if they were at 50. Jeesh, some of you guys...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »