Home

NCAA Football 09: To Buy or Not to Buy?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09: To Buy or Not to Buy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #41
Rookie

xdishnshoot24x's Arena

OVR: 1
im getting it no matter what....its not the same playing 08 when 09 is out you know, so im going 2 take a chance & buy this offensive oriented game and hopefully fixing the defensive AI, everythng will be fine
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 11
Its NO.1 on my q list at gamefly, I'll wait for it in the mail
Old 07-14-2008, 11:07 PM   #43
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 09: To Buy or Not to Buy?

I'm leaning towards the don't buy side. I can't go back to playing without the named rosters so that is a huge bumber for me.

Also, I don't want to have offensive shootouts all the time. That is disapointing too. It maybe the first time in years I take a year off of NCAA. I was willing to look past a few minor things like my teams uniforms not being right and knowing our stadium expansion won't be there till next year, but the roster thing and lack of defense is helping me choose not to buy.

I'm disappointed that I got my hopes up so high again this year. Hopefully EA patches it real soon and maybe my mind will change. Of course I won't make a final decision till tommorrow when I see the game. The biggest question is can I hold off on a game I've enjoyed buying year after year?

I wish EA would give us an answer as to when they might actually get this game patched. It is sad that games are being released all the time now that are buggy and need to be patched. Not just EA, all companies need to stop depending on xbox live and PSN to fix games that shouldn't have been released.

At least it was caught early and hopefully we'll get a patch within a month. Still too long. Tomorrow, I'll decide what I'll do.....I'm leaning towards not, but I know the empulse will get me.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:15 PM   #44
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: NCAA Football 09: To Buy or Not to Buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
I'm leaning towards the don't buy side. I can't go back to playing without the named rosters so that is a huge bumber for me.

Also, I don't want to have offensive shootouts all the time. That is disapointing too. It maybe the first time in years I take a year off of NCAA. I was willing to look past a few minor things like my teams uniforms not being right and knowing our stadium expansion won't be there till next year, but the roster thing and lack of defense is helping me choose not to buy.

I'm disappointed that I got my hopes up so high again this year. Hopefully EA patches it real soon and maybe my mind will change. Of course I won't make a final decision till tommorrow when I see the game. The biggest question is can I hold off on a game I've enjoyed buying year after year?

I wish EA would give us an answer as to when they might actually get this game patched. It is sad that games are being released all the time now that are buggy and need to be patched. Not just EA, all companies need to stop depending on xbox live and PSN to fix games that shouldn't have been released.

At least it was caught early and hopefully we'll get a patch within a month. Still too long. Tomorrow, I'll decide what I'll do.....I'm leaning towards not, but I know the empulse will get me.
Why would you have to play without named rosters?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:35 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 12
Screw it, I'm still buying it. It's not like I haven't played a bug free game from EA the past few years on the PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 11:42 PM   #46
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31
wow. i was debating on going and picking this up tonight. this has answered that question for me. same old stuff, year after year. it's very frustrating. no buy for me this year.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:34 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2
I bought the game and I cant play because of the freezing, im calling ea in the morning to see about getting my money back, it freezes in the offline dynasty in the online lobby and whatever else and I didnt edit my roster at all it froze up the first time in the system
Old 07-15-2008, 05:52 AM   #48
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44
NIce article Chris, very balanced and I appreciate you helping me make a decision.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »