Home

NCAA Football 09: To Buy or Not to Buy?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09: To Buy or Not to Buy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 06:03 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Football 09: To Buy or Not to Buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
And you want them to get as much fixed as possible and not rush out a half-arsed patch.
And you don't want to rush out a half-arsed game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 09:30 AM   #66
Rookie

bengalboy1991's Arena

OVR: 4

I rented the game yesterday. This will be the first year that I will not purchase the game. I am extremely displeased with the 360 version. Only one camera view? Folks, this is 2008. Sure, it looks pretty. But I would rather play with stick figures and have poor presentation so that my game play was on. I cannot see my receivers in the flats. Not accecptable. My money is staying in my pocket.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:33 AM   #67
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

I am really enjoying the game. I've been playing since 2002 on the PS2. I love 2004, 2006, and now this one 2009. Last year's version was the first time I traded in for Madden because I was so disappointed. This year the game is great! Especially if you want to do online dynasty. I downloaded DTs rosters and have had no problems.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 6
i just edit the rosters myself and i have had no problems
Old 07-17-2008, 01:45 PM   #69
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Good article, and I appreciate the fresh approach of OS to sports gaming. But sometimes, the people here get so bogged down in the details, that they totally miss the bigger picture. Be totally honest, had NCAA '09 never announced or attempted a roster share feature, the omission would've been ripped in a few OS threads, and then life would've went on. Thousands of posters here would still have picked up the game on the first day, and simply focused on the merits of the gameplay and other features (like online dynasty). So to tell people that they shouldn't buy the game because of difficulties with roster downloads is a little extreme, since we NEVER HAD ROSTER DOWNLOADING IN THE PAST! Hardcore gamers like us can obsess and criticize, but the average NCAA gamer probably isn't even touching the new roster feature, or would be just as happy auto-naming or using the #'s. I think this is a good game, and I think EA will get the roster issues worked out...I'm a little weary of slamming EA and jumping all over them for actually trying something new, just because it doesn't work right on Day 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »