Home

NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 (360) Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 05:12 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 3
The overall gameplay doesnt feel as crisp as last years either. I commend them for trying something new with the open gameplay, but it seems to have taken away from the on field physics. Its very hard to explain. Players dont seem to have weight to them. I like the overall feel of last years game better. Standby, let me get some more game time here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 05:21 AM   #82
Rookie

Not really hearing any new commentary lines, does anyone notice If they've added any? I dont hear anything new. Hmm, grass looks different. That wasnt really that big of a deal for me anyway. My judgement now is kind of hasty, but so far, I can actually stick with last years version and it aint to big of a deal.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #83
Pro

OVR: 7
simply amazing. year after year after year we go through this. i actually popped in NCAA 2004 on the ole Xbox and had a blast. the D was tight. the offense was challenging. the atmosphere was terrific. i am gonna continue my Gator dynasty baby!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:57 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 1
I just got my copy and i cant complain...witha few issues(kick return...pick 6) the game is fun to play and great to look at....i havent had any issues d/l pastas rosters either.....i even had some non college gamers have fun with the game so 8.5 sounds good.....im not on EA balls either....i loved the 2k series......but i cant complain either...ppl are just bashing the game
Old 07-16-2008, 03:50 PM   #85
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10
I was very much alright with 07 and 08. That said, 09 game play is immensely disappointing. The defensive AI is the biggest culprit. Now that I figured out the system I can run one play and it works every time. There are three options:

1. Crossing route, receiver always beats his defender in zone or man.
2. Hitch, if the crossing route isn't there, there is almost always the hitch man with his defender sitting right behind him, but don't worry, the defender will never try to jump the pass, he'll just tackle him as soon as he gets the ball.
3. Scramble. I'm playing as Oregon State, so my QB is slow as hell, but depending on the coverage, I can still sometimes scramble for 10-20 yards.

When I'm playing D (I play on All-American) it's the same thing. Computer's always hitting the crossing route or the hitch. No throws down field. Also, I tried for fun doing engage 8 from the 4-4 and 5-2. Now if I do that in real life, yeah it's probably going to be a completion, but the QB better get rid of the ball fast. Nope, he still has 5 or more seconds to sit and analyze which of his wide open receivers he will pass to.

I'm not enjoying the game play of this new game at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #86
Rookie

I'm stll waiting on the real espn presentation. Thats all that we really need I think. T.V. style presentation. They keep trying to revamp the play on field when it actually never was that bad (except for 07 in my opinion). The wide open gameplay thing seems to have jacked up the field play rather than enhance it. Leave the field play alone and focus on the presentation now......please. Crowds, sidelines, halftime, pre game, post game wrap ups, ya know, thats what really needs the work.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 8
Wow, another football game by EA with some of the same bugs from the previous year and with newer bugs. Imagine that.

It is sad that year after year people keep buying these games like blind sheep and then bitching about them afterward. This does nothing but promote these developers to keep making this ****.

Pathetic...
Old 07-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #88
Banned

Re: NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo
Wow, another football game by EA with some of the same bugs from the previous year and with newer bugs. Imagine that.

It is sad that year after year people keep buying these games like blind sheep and then bitching about them afterward. This does nothing but promote these developers to keep making this ****.

Pathetic...
If you obviously don't care about the game, why post at all?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »