Home

After 2 days, I have discovered the reason for the high CPU pass % (must read)

This is a discussion on After 2 days, I have discovered the reason for the high CPU pass % (must read) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 02:26 PM   #33
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: After 2 days, I have discovered the reason for the high CPU pass % (must read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
You are missing the point and don't understand the problem. It has nothing to do with pre-snap vs post-snap. The LB is slow post-snap because the physics engine is running. He didn't lose any speed, EA slowed them down. The pre-snap speed is not involved at all, it is outside of the problem. If a 99 LB can't keep up with a 50 speed TE, the problem is not the pre-snap speed vs post-snap. It's that the defense speed is not the same as the offense.
The whole point of this thread is to point out that the defense is SLOWER than the offense on thi game. I get that.

And the physics engine control stuff like momentum which also occurs before the snap. I've never had this happen on any other NCAA, so to say it's the engine that hasnt kicked in yet is absurd. And even if that is the case, it's still dumb and doesn't make any sense.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #34
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: After 2 days, I have discovered the reason for the high CPU pass % (must read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrobeast
Yeah, the defensive players in the game are slow and stupid, the linebackers in particular. That's why I've found a Cover 2 to be so exploitable, your LBs in coverage will NEVER react quickly enough to break up a play.

The DBs aren't great either, but not as bad. This game is fun as hell but many times I get a "why am I even bothering" feeling about playing D.

I felt the same way last night.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »