Home

360 Roster problems and game freezes explained - HERE

This is a discussion on 360 Roster problems and game freezes explained - HERE within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Thumbs up 360 Roster problems and game freezes explained - HERE

I have seen alot of traffic/confusion/questions about the problems with certain rosters and game freeze ups that have happened to the Xbox 360 version and people that got the game prior to release day.

Here is what happened and why:

1-Pastapadre offered named rosters for download from his EA Locker. Many people started using this roster file but noticed that when they did certain things (like editing the roster further) that entire teams would disappear. Some other people used pastapadre's roster file as a "base" file to edit the rosters in more detail and offered their edits on EA Locker, as well.

The main problem with pastapasdre's file was that FIU's depth chart was somehow vacant. The roster was full, but many of the depth charts positions (like QB and WR etc...) were "open slot" and totally empty. Because most of the depth chart was empty, this caused the overall team ratings (i.e. offense and defense) for FIU to appear to be (0) zero.

One could try to manually fill the depth chart from the roster for FIU, but the changes would not save.

So, technically, you could use pastapadre's roster file for your dynasty as long as you didnt care if FIU was all messed up.

2-Some people edited pastapadre's file to the point that entire teams started to disappear from the roster list. Fairdale Kings had a roster available for upload and it was missing FIU and Florida Atlantic. Other files had every team after Virginia Tech (alphabetically) missing.

When using roster files to start a dynasty with missing teams (there should be 120 teams) the user would crash the system. This happened because the dynasty program would try and fill in the NCAA schedule and set up recruiting for all 120 teams and find that some where gone. That caused the system to freeze.

Alot of people were able to use pastapadre's file for their dynasty only because it still had 120 teams and they had not edited it past an unknown point where teams were magically deleted.

3- DT Linder managed to use pastapadre's roster file as a base file and somehow fixed the problems with FIU. Currently, the file appears to be working with edits and all. Just keep checking that you have 120 teams.

4- There was some discussion regarding the use of apostrophes, dashes and periods that were found with certain named players in pastapadre's file. When editing players, those symbols are not able to be used, yet his file had them. There was some thought that those "illegal" symbols might be causing crashes. However, that seems to be false as DT Linder's revised pastapadre roster file doesnt crash and still has many of those names with symbols.

That is pretty much a summary of the roster and crashing events for the 360. You are safe to download DT Linders file using "EARosters com" in EA Locker and should have a great gaming experience. As of this point today, any roster file that isnt using DT Linder’s as a base should be deleted or not used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 10:02 AM   #2
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 360 Roster problems and game freezes explained - HERE

Handle: DT Linder
Lockerfile: EARosters com

Is the name and file exactly as it reads? No periods or anything.

And thanks for clearing this up.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:05 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

To download DT Linder's roster edit go to "XBOX LIVE", then "EA LOCKER", then "DOWNLOAD ROSTER", the under "Enter Gamertag" click "A" and type in "EARosters com" (space between com--no period)

Download the roster and you are ready to start your dynasty.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #4
Pro

blLLD0's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Handle: DT Linder
Lockerfile: EARosters com

Is the name and file exactly as it reads? No periods or anything.

And thanks for clearing this up.
I got the file from COMET 21 after unsuccessfully searching for Linders gamertag.

I have uploaded the roster into my locker and its been working with no problems at all.

GT: blLL flo

file: ROSTER1
Old 07-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #5
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallaceNails
To download DT Linder's roster edit go to "XBOX LIVE", then "EA LOCKER", then "DOWNLOAD ROSTER", the under "Enter Gamertag" click "A" and type in "EARosters com" (space between com--no period)

Download the roster and you are ready to start your dynasty.
So there is no limit to how much you edit in dynasty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 10:19 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Does anyone have a working roster for the PS3?
Old 07-15-2008, 10:21 AM   #7
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

So is the roster issue not an issue anymore (for the 360) if I download DT's roster? I want to be clear on this. Or is this all just speculation? Has this been confirmed by OMT and his crew?
Old 07-15-2008, 10:30 AM   #8
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
So is the roster issue not an issue anymore (for the 360) if I download DT's roster? I want to be clear on this. Or is this all just speculation? Has this been confirmed by OMT and his crew?
We are continuing to look into this. We finally have retail copies so we can get on Xbox live and check out this roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »