Home

Exactly what makes passing accuracy "realistic"

This is a discussion on Exactly what makes passing accuracy "realistic" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2008, 03:37 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Exactly what makes passing accuracy "realistic"

Has anybody tried lowering the CPU QB Accuracy slider?
Old 07-15-2008, 03:37 PM   #10
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJ
Iowa's backup QB has started playing like...Iowa's backup QB...after starting the game 21 for 21 he finally threw one bad pass, and then the next one was overthrown resulting in a 96-yard INT return for a TD. He's still 21 of 23 on the day, but at least this gives me a little hope.
How can you have hope when a backup starts 21 for 21?
Old 07-15-2008, 03:41 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

i am on heisman and its beyond unenjoyable to have the cpu's Qb dance around and throw off footed off balance throws and make the pass every play. the coverage especially LB coverage is nonexistent. they either just stop dead red or they move out of the way. the middle of the field is always left wide open and the only way i am finding to stop/contain this is to put the cpu's pass block down and my break block up to get to the QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 03:44 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

they need to implement some sort of overthrow/underthrow logic for QBs. QB's should be programmed to make an effort to avoid INTs but not always throw a catchable ball to the WR.

in NCAA for as long as i can remember 99% of incompletions are drops, picks or swats.

IRL the #1 pass defense in the nation, ohio state, had the following breakdown out of every passing attempt by their opponents.

attempts: 406
completions: 216 (leaving 190 incompletions)
INTs: 11 (5% of all incompletions)
PBUs: 40 (18% of all incompletions)

there is no stat for drops but assumming 2 drops per game (which is probably high) that still only accounts for 77 incompletions meaning 140 passes (65% of all incompletions) fell harmlessly incomplete. this averages out to roughly 11 a game.

if you look at the most average pass defense in the nation, oklahoma, 59th rated pass defense, you get the following.

194 incompletions
19 picks (10%)
42 PBU (22%
assumed drops 28 (14%)

you still have 105 passes (54%) falling harmlessly incomplete.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:48 PM   #13
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Have you guys try messing with the QB accuracy sliders?

I haven't played the retail version of '09 yet. I'm still debating on whether to get it or not. But in previous editions of NCAA, I always lowered the QB accuracy for both human and cpu because I felt that passes were always to accurate in this series.

As far as the QB decision making I would think that this would be a welcomed addition. After all, everyone complained about the poor decision making of last year's title which resulted in a lot of interceptions.

I'll probably rent the game first and teter with the sliders to see if I can find a happy medium. I haven't enjoyed NCAA since last gen, and I'm just waiting for the day that current gen catches up gameplay wise. But all of these complaints I'm hearing again this year have me worried.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:49 PM   #14
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
How can you have hope when a backup starts 21 for 21?
I laughed out loud when I read that. Luckily I was no longer at work!
Old 07-15-2008, 04:02 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

That's excellent statistical work, tate. I want that in my game, but I think I'm not the target audience. Imagine all the 12 year olds (I know the stated target market is slightly older, but it sure doesn't feel that way) when their quarterbacks flat out miss 10 or so throws a game. Sad as it may be, there's no way the main user base is gonna go for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 04:04 PM   #16
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
Have you guys try messing with the QB accuracy sliders?

I haven't played the retail version of '09 yet. I'm still debating on whether to get it or not. But in previous editions of NCAA, I always lowered the QB accuracy for both human and cpu because I felt that passes were always to accurate in this series.

As far as the QB decision making I would think that this would be a welcomed addition. After all, everyone complained about the poor decision making of last year's title which resulted in a lot of interceptions.

I'll probably rent the game first and teter with the sliders to see if I can find a happy medium. I haven't enjoyed NCAA since last gen, and I'm just waiting for the day that current gen catches up gameplay wise. But all of these complaints I'm hearing again this year have me worried.
I am curious also if a slider fix is in order? If that's all it is then I see no sense in making a big deal out of this. Don't have the game but any of you guys tried tweaking?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »