Home

Gamespot review up - gets a 7.5 rating

This is a discussion on Gamespot review up - gets a 7.5 rating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Gamespot review up - gets a 7.5 rating

Here is my gripe with that review. The theme seems to be it is far too similar to last year so people will be disappointed it feels so much the same.

When you really read the review they speak of improved gameplay, online dynasty, new ways to rattle players without being cheap, cool new sound features and new animations.

In other words the review says it is an improved version of last years game with cool new features, but the score says it is the lesser of the two games.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #34
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykeith
Here is my gripe with that review. The theme seems to be it is far too similar to last year so people will be disappointed it feels so much the same.

When you really read the review they speak of improved gameplay, online dynasty, new ways to rattle players without being cheap, cool new sound features and new animations.

In other words the review says it is an improved version of last years game with cool new features, but the score says it is the lesser of the two games.
OK, so by you making this comment, that means that every year the rating should go up if they just add something new...right? I don't think so...

Only time will tell if this game lives up to the 8+ rating that others are giving it. It's always exciting the first day people get it. They think it's the best game ever. 2 weeks later, it's on the shelf. I thought 05 was the best ever for the first 3 days. Well you guys know what happened after that...
Old 07-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

The problem is the 10 point review system doesn't exist. Usually it is 6-10 even if the game sucks and was made by some people on OS. A game like that should be given a 1, but would get a 5 or 6 on the review rating. NCAA09 on a 10 point scale is probably a 7.5, on a 4 or 5 point, its a 8+.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 02:26 PM   #36
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Bad: Lots of missed tackles, Recruiting gets old quick, Campus Legend is more of the same, Icing the kicker works way too well.

Lots of missed tackles? Not seeing it.

Recruiting gets old? Not if you're into the recruiting aspect.

Campus Legend? Yeah except the improved some angles and it's still a blast to play. Since when to we give a negative to something that is already cool but don't add to it?

Icing the kicker works too well? Nope. Don't see that either.

They basically talked more good than bad, even saying the gameplay is better!, and yet give 08 an 8 score and 09 a 7.5

Yeah there's some issues with the game but it's certainly better than 08.

Just like NCAA's sliders..this makes no sense. IMO of course.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #37
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Props to Gamespot for calling EA out on their cash cow.

I have bought every EA college game since the Bill Walsh days when teams were Provo and such. The last two NCAA games lasted a week each in my hands before they were craigslisted.

And at this point in my life, with how expensive everything is, I am done with it.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #38
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Elementary issues?-I hope you are saying that tongue in cheek.

they release a game? in which you cant download rosters and there is no patch in sight knowing this issue. and it happens every year. Gamespot gave them what they deserved.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 07-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm scratching my head over the fact that the CPU AI actually seems to have gotten worse, instead of better. I'm sure it'll be improved.... next year.

7.5 seems about right.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:14 PM   #40
Banned

ColumbusKilled's Arena

OVR: 13

I have to concur that EVERYTHING in this dudes review is spot on.

Skyboxer - If you haven't seen the missed tackles, then give it a few. I have had dude wrapped up in the backfield only to see them scamper off for 6.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »