Home

Stadium Updates

This is a discussion on Stadium Updates within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Stadium Updates

I'd much rather see all the stadiums completed than minor updates to the big schools stadiums. Ohio University may not be a football power house, but they are the #7 party school in the country. That should count for something. I buy this game every year, and am sure I will continue to buy, but please EA, put Pedan Stadium in the game
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 332168.jpeg (26.9 KB, 238 views)
Old 07-16-2008, 05:34 PM   #74
Rookie

vanderbiltfan87's Arena

OVR: 5

sorry if this has already been mentioned. vanderbilt is in the process of facilities upgrades across campus, including vanderbilt stadium. most of the changes are only small cosmetic upgrades. only a few of the changes will be in effect for next year. http://vucommodores.cstv.com/facilit...enovation.html
Old 07-16-2008, 06:14 PM   #75
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevoXIII
OMT,

Yeah this is very disappointing! The horseshoe in the North endzone was taken out and the lower deck of seating was completed before the beginning of last season. How is this not in the game?

The Upper Deck is what is currently being built, and it is actually completed with touch ups being finished by the end of July.

Also, since that was done, there are no more temporary bleachers in the South end zoned. Man DKR, should be one of the stadiums done correctly, especially if it's rated #12.
I can't get a renovation in until I have photo reference. I can't get photo reference until the renovation is complete.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #76
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Don't forget about the new TCF Bank Stadium for the Minnesota Golden Gophers next year!
Do you know when construction will be complete?
Old 07-16-2008, 06:24 PM   #77
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_deacon
This is not a stadium question, per se..but it involves something in the stadium (<--my justification for putting it in this thread..+ I know that OMT will look at it ) but are there any plans to add mascots?

Sayyyyyy........the one to the left of this post??
I can't take looking at UNC's tarheel dancing all game while there's no demon deacon doing stupid things on the other end.
We should be able to because the NCAA Basketball team sent us him.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:26 PM   #78
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikivu
You have Cal's stadium correct. There should be tarps in the Blue and Gold Zones. Here's some shots of the stadium. Also, you do need to add fans on tightwad hill.
They only put them there if they can't sell out the game. The school has also requested we remove them. Getting fans on Tightwad Hill will be tricky though. I've been trying to get them there for 3 years now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumb.jpg (242.5 KB, 223 views)
Old 07-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #79
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic6
Great point! I'd like to be able to complain that my teams student section is the wrong color. Kind of pisses me off that they had my team correct back in NCAA Football '98, but don't take the time to do it today. Looks like this game has MUCH more severe issues than stadiums anyway!
Well, updating a stadium to have a new video board or bowling in an endzone is NOTHING like creating a new stadium from scratch. Which reminds me, I had our lead stadium artist send me stadium estimates in case someone here asked... so this is a good enough time to post them so you can understand the amount of work they require.

Modeling is 160 hours
Texture (including UV Layout, locators and crowd strips) is 120 hours
Art Director Review and Changes- 16 hours
Lighting is 30 hours
Field Art (from scratch) is 8 hours
Bug Fixing (IF QA finds all the bugs in one pass) 4 hours
Old 07-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #80
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite

The pink section in this picture of Fresno State's stadium (Bulldog Stadium!) is the away section (always full of the other team's fans and their colors) which is accurately represented in NCAA 09.

However, the blue section selected on that picture is where our new video board is, and that isn't represented at all in NCAA 09. It's been there since the 2006 season. There are also no soccer goals on the field during the football season, but for the last few years there have been soccer goals on the field in NCAA. Also below the blue selected section are rows of bleacher style concrete seats rather than stairs.

The darker section that is selected (across the field from the other two) is the student section, often the loudest (and most red) of any other section in the crowd.
Are you positive this isn't in NCAA 09? This was supposed to be done for 09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »