Home

Patching NCAA 09 on a PAL PS3

This is a discussion on Patching NCAA 09 on a PAL PS3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 06:06 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Patching NCAA 09 on a PAL PS3

My copy of NCAA 09 is on its way via VGP as well, should be here by Saturday I reckon. Online dynasty for UK users sounds a good idea, I never bother with playing it online usually because of the lag between here and the US.
So yeah, if I'm not too busy we should try and get one set up.

Got the PS3 version this year for the first time after my American 360 finally died completely a month ago.

Can't wait to play it too.

Anyone else getting Head Coach imported as well?
Old 07-16-2008, 06:10 AM   #18
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCats101
Anyone else getting Head Coach imported as well?
Yep got the PS3 special edition of Madden on order with VG+. I'd be interested in online but my ISP connection is a paltry 512K so I'll be no good for NCAA - might be different for HC as the online gaming isn't graphical - we'll see...you're just down the road from me, I'm near Darlington...
Old 07-16-2008, 06:13 AM   #19
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Icy]
I hope this year we PAL guys can import our Campus legends and Draft pools from NCAA to Madden, as we couldn't past year.

Past year you could export in NCAA, but then the option to import in Madden was not in the menu (and i'm talking about both imported NTSC games in a PAL PS3). It seems that Madden detected we were running it in a PAL PS3 and the option to import from NCAA was auto removed from the menu.
Maybe you imported the Pal version of madden and it didn't recognize the ntsc-only-ncaa draft classes.

I hope this might be the case, coz i really want to have my draft classes in madden this year. Fingers crossed for all pal users!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:26 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Hey Guys,

I am from Denmark and I will be getting NCAA 09 as well.

I might be interested in joining the online dynasty.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:40 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
I hope this year we PAL guys can import our Campus legends and Draft pools from NCAA to Madden, as we couldn't past year.

Past year you could export in NCAA, but then the option to import in Madden was not in the menu (and i'm talking about both imported NTSC games in a PAL PS3). It seems that Madden detected we were running it in a PAL PS3 and the option to import from NCAA was auto removed from the menu.

Yeah you need to have both games in the NTSC format to transfer data between the two games. Hence why I'll be getting Madden bundle imported, although the PS3 version will doubtless be inferior to the 360 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 07:01 AM   #22
Pro

[Icy]'s Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCats101
Yeah you need to have both games in the NTSC format to transfer data between the two games. Hence why I'll be getting Madden bundle imported, although the PS3 version will doubtless be inferior to the 360 version.
Nope sorry, past year i had both games imported in NTSC format and the option to import was not there. The problem is that the game (even both versions being NTSC) detects that it's running in a PAL console and the option to import from NCAA does not appear.

I hope it's fixed this year but i'm not holding my breath.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:04 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 33

^^^

Hmm that sucks.

Someone needs to find a getaround for this pal ntsc thing.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:16 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Nope sorry, past year i had both games imported in NTSC format and the option to import was not there. The problem is that the game (even both versions being NTSC) detects that it's running in a PAL console and the option to import from NCAA does not appear.

I hope it's fixed this year but i'm not holding my breath.
Oh really? That does seem to be unnecessary. If the console is region free it should play all the games to their full potential.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »