Home

Help me fight the cheesers (AKA everyone I've played so far except ONE person)

This is a discussion on Help me fight the cheesers (AKA everyone I've played so far except ONE person) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Help me fight the cheesers (AKA everyone I've played so far except ONE person)

This is what happens when you refuse to change your gameplay engine year after year.

Rocket catches, ridiculous QB scrambling, no penalty for poor option throws, unrealistic laser throws 50-60 yards downfield without planting/winding up, players not being penalized for playing way out of position (CBs at QB?!?!), etc. etc. etc.

At least Madden seems like it's trying to combat cheese this year. The NCAA team just doesn't even seem to care so long as the cash keeps rolling in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
College football is kind of cheese these days anyway.
Congrats, this has to be the most absurd statement I've ever seen on these forums.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-15-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #10
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Help me fight the cheesers (AKA everyone I've played so far except ONE person)

You guys are killing me....Every game again every game has cheesers..not just EA game again every game..Either look for sim opponents or dont play online. If you think you are going to get sim games playing randoms you are in for a rude awakening. This is with any game nba 2k8, all pro,madden etc etc. If you want a sim game online your going to have to take your time and find a good opponent.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe

Last edited by capp34; 07-15-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:13 PM   #11
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

They could make a few adjustments to combat these problem.

I liked NFL2k's passing system because it seemed to be more timed based. I don't feel that way with EA's game.

Here's a few issues/suggestions.

-QB's are too accurate on the run.
-A QB should have to step into a 50 yard pass ala NFL2k. (The QB would have to set his feet to throw a bomb.
-4 defensive lineman should start getting pressure after about 4-5 seconds. At the point the pocket should break down....
-Throwing across the field should result in more picks.

I'm not bashing the game at alll. I really like it but there are always things to build on.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #12
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
You guys are killing me....Every game again every game has cheesers..not just EA game again every game..Either look for sim opponents or dont play online.
True. Play offline or play against people you know. There were always be a few to try and exploit a game.

When I play a cheese I stick to my sim style. I mix in the run and pass. I run the clock. It drives them crazy.

The key is on defense. When you play a cheeser they are going to score and get yards. Just be patient. Normally I will try to "contain" them. This means that they can get 3-7 yards on me all day long. Hopefully I stop them once or get a few turnovers. Cheesers aren't patient enough to keep taking 5 yards on a consistent basis. They will make a mistake.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »