Home

The sliders that are reversed are:

This is a discussion on The sliders that are reversed are: within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 03:26 AM   #65
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The sliders that are reversed are:

I 100 percent agree with the pass rush now, the last game I played I was able to penetrate the back field quite a bit.

Now if we could just figure out the passing thing, because even if I put HUM WRC at 0 which according to the chart should make HUM QBA 100, I still can only throw the ball barely 10 yards. I guessing the HUM and CPU QBA are tied into the same thing, because if HUM QBA is set at 0 the CPU does have quite a bit of problems. If I could just find a solution in which taking away their accuracy didn't destroy how far I can throw the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 03:26 AM   #66
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I'm in slider hell.

pj and Bad,

Post your sliders you are at right now. I'm confused as hell on what is actually WORKING and what needs to be where.
Okay the main thing you want to do just to test this for yourself is kill the CPU RB Ability slider to 0. Then set the human break block slider to 100. I'm about to post three videos of three consecutive plays of a series in the Red River shootout. All where I got signiicant pressure on the QB.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:29 AM   #67
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinji
I 100 percent agree with the pass rush now, the last game I played I was able to penetrate the back field quite a bit.

Now if we could just figure out the passing thing, because even if I put HUM WRC at 0 which according to the chart should make HUM QBA 100, I still can only throw the ball barely 10 yards. I guessing the HUM and CPU QBA are tied into the same thing, because if HUM QBA is set at 0 the CPU does have quite a bit of problems. If I could just find a solution in which taking away their accuracy didn't destroy how far I can throw the ball.
I've never asked for someone to be fired/released but in this case someone needs to be let go. This game is turning into a disaster.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:30 AM   #68
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Okay the main thing you want to do just to test this for yourself is kill the CPU RB Ability slider to 0. Then set the human break block slider to 100. I'm about to post three videos of three consecutive plays of a series in the Red River shootout. All where I got signiicant pressure on the QB.
I tried that earlier and didn't see much difference (on Heisman difficulty FYI).

Maybe I'm seeing things.

Damn you EA. Damn you to a hell without cookies and milk.

I kid. I kid.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:32 AM   #69
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

Okay, for anyone who has been playing the game. You know that usually on plays like these McCoy would just be bobbing up and down in the pocket until comfortably with the d-line a mile away from him.

I don't know how to embed videos so

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/7218/videos
Old 07-16-2008, 03:34 AM   #70
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

Quote:
I tried that earlier and didn't see much difference (on Heisman difficulty FYI).

Maybe I'm seeing things.

Damn you EA. Damn you to a hell without cookies and milk.

I kid. I kid.
I would say it certainly isn't fixed but I'm having no problems stomping Texas' o-line all of a sudden creating monstrous pressure. Try it on All-American that's what did.

On the negative side it does indeed seem that the QB AI wasn't actually improved it uses the same ******** logic. So basically all they did was enhance the o-line's ability so it could block longer and afford the QB AI logic the time it needed to be effective.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 07-16-2008 at 03:37 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:37 AM   #71
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Okay, for anyone who has been playing the game. You know that usually on plays like these McCoy would just be bobbing up and down in the pocket until comfortably with the d-line a mile away from him.

I don't know how to embed videos so

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/7218/videos
To embed, you click on "Share" and it will bring up the code.

I watched them. It looked better, but again...I was noticing that in those 3 consecutive plays, you had 4 Sooner linemen get knocked off their feet, at least one every play.

That's just bad programming or cheating programming to manufacture more offense IMO by EA's guys. No major college football team gets guys falling like the old lady on the Life Alert commercial every. single. play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 03:39 AM   #72
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

Quote:
To embed, you click on "Share" and it will bring up the code.

I watched them. It looked better, but again...I was noticing that in those 3 consecutive plays, you had 4 Sooner linemen get knocked off their feet, at least one every play.

That's just bad programming or cheating programming to manufacture more offense IMO by EA's guys. No major college football team gets guys falling like the old lady on the Life Alert commercial every. single. play.
True, but at least the pressure this seems to generate causes the QB to go out of robo QB mode back to idiot QB mode. Maybe there is a happy medium to be found through sliders, but I still say this needs to be patched. This doesn't rectify the inherent problems with the pass rush game and has zero effect on idiot players in the secondary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »