Home

NCAA 09 Recruiting Tips

This is a discussion on NCAA 09 Recruiting Tips within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 33
NCAA 09 Recruiting Tips

Looked around the thread and didn't see one of these, so I decided to make one! Guys that have stuff thatcarries over from last year, or people who have tips for the New QuickCall feature feel free to post away!

Here's my strategy on QuickCall, somebody speak upif something is working better!
I give 20 minutes to the first 25 players, and only 10 minutes to the last ten players on the board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 09 Recruiting Tips

Thanks, would love to hear others' suggestions as well. I haven't picked up NCAA the last couple years so I'm not too familiar with the system yet. My main questions is how to determine the amount of time you allocate to various recruits -- for example, is it better to spend a lot of time on the top 5-7, or balance it out across the board?
Old 07-16-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

So is there an advantage/disadvantage to using quick call? (other then time) do you need to do regular recuriting and then use quick call after or what?

When do you guys offer? I seem to offer from the start.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:23 AM   #4
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

I've used quick call mainly for my 2 star and below recruits. I'm playing w/ ECU so I have a lot of those. I try and focus the time for hardsell pitches and finding pitches on my 3 star and above (Top 10) recruits.

Here's a basic strategy. Manually recruit your top guys/prospects, spending as much time hard-selling and finding/swaying pitches as you deem necessary.

Use 10-20 minutes on all the other recruits, or more if you need to. Once those recruits you've been quick-calling are ready to schedule a visit is when you need to have those pitches revealed. You can go probably about 2-4 weeks before most prospects start wanting to schedule visits.

Just be mindful of when you scedule your visits for the guys you quick call, and a week or so prior to their visit to some manual recruiting on them to make sure you've revealed their top interests.

That's what I'm doing, and ECU is the #1 interest for the majority of my recruits. It also helps that I'm 4-1 (2-0 conf), and had an upset win vs. West Virginia and also beat NC State on their home turf. My only loss came in a 45-17 shalacking by Virginia Tech. Since that I haven't lost, and that's been reflected by the amount of interest I have from recruits...i.e. being #1 on a 4star DE and 4star QB's list, among others.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

I am playing with Oklahoma State and I guess I just lucked into not having TOO many holes and a whole lot of scholarships. I got 1 commital in the first week from a 3star DE. I used quickcall on the 3star and unders and talked to the 5 big prospects I have on my board. They are a longshot but I want to try and land 1 or 2 of them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #6
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

So in my dynasty so far, I have used the quick call feature on recruits, but some on them are ready for a visit already(Seminoles dynasty), so I have manually recruit those guys to figure out what they like and don't like and trying to get their most and very high topics so I can plug them when they come in for a visit. But I have differently used the quick call feature, and I do like it a lot more, and it seems to get down the same job I do, only it takes a lot less time. Also after every week in recruiting, I also switch around the recruits. Say if I am there 1st choice, they are higher on my board, but if they move me from 1st to 3rd, I send them down on the list. I am in week 2 of my dynasty so far.

I also had two 4 star prospects committ in week 1, a FS and a ATH. I also offered schloarships to the guys I coveted the most.
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 07-16-2008, 01:15 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 33

I have found out that in Week 1 if you ofer scholorships to guys that have you as their number 1 school they usually commit.

@ JBH3
When do you offer scholorships, that is one thing you didn't cover, other than that very good stuff!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #8
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman316
I have found out that in Week 1 if you ofer scholorships to guys that have you as their number 1 school they usually commit.

@ JBH3
When do you offer scholorships, that is one thing you didn't cover, other than that very good stuff!!!
It depends...W/ some prospects I do it the first week (like you mentioned above)...It really depends on what my needs are.

If I have position where there are already some Soph's or Juniors...Like HB for my ECU dynasty...I'll pick a few HB's who are interested in me, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go after all 3. I might wait a few weeks, and after recruiting them who ever is the most interested would get the scholarship.

You can get recruits to commit by offering a scholarship in wk 1. It happened to me last yr a few times (not yet thus far), but I don't think it was ever anyone of great talent...i.e. 1 star or 2 star recruits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »