Home

Is it a given that EA will provide a patch?

This is a discussion on Is it a given that EA will provide a patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Is it a given that EA will provide a patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
But you think he's gonna post that on a msg board? He'll be looking for a job next week.

Not gonna happen.

Let's just do what we can to help him help us and move on.
maybe so, but wouldn't it open alot of eyes if a EA uppermanagment stated they know some of these issues are there but let them through anyway with intention to meet dealines and have customers wait on a patch.

Oh and from 99% of my post are very very supportive of OMT, IAN, PHIL ect. This is the first post I really laid it out there on WHY are we forced to deal with these issues. So what I am trying to say is I understand completely what you saying about helping, I am all for lets getting this fixed. But I don't think it is a outright crime that once I came on here and stated "listen I wanna know why these issues are in year after year".

But yes jistic I understand ya bro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 01:41 PM   #42
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Ok OMT I will rephrase the question.

Why is all these issues in the finial build of the game. Why not put off the release date and fix a broken product than rush to release something that is not up to par in the industry?

I also don't want you taking my other post the wrong way. OMT I LOVE that you are hear and I am not directing any of this at YOU, but at the company that you work for.

I think it is upper management that makes these kinds of calls but don't you feel this also short changes the consumer?
We fix the issues we know about. Whenever a game hits the shelves all the testing time we have spent over the last year is surpassed in the first day. It is impossible without having a thousand testers to find all the bugs which would make the game too expensive to sell.

Every game has these problems. It isn't an EA thing. People are constantly changing companies in this industry, and it is for the most part the same processes and pitfalls for everyone.

As consoles become more advanced, games get bigger and deeper, and more bugs are introduced. You fix everything you can and only the stuff you find.

Pushing back a release date is always a last resort. The game went through the necessary certification process that all games go through, and it was deemed suitable for release.

This roster problem is a big issue that went undetected. We have already created a bot that will name every player on every team for automated testing in the future (and for testing this patch). You learn something new every year and you fix it moving forward. It is a constant learning experience and everyone grows as a game developer every year.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We fix the issues we know about. Whenever a game hits the shelves all the testing time we have spent over the last year is surpassed in the first day. It is impossible without having a thousand testers to find all the bugs which would make the game too expensive to sell.

Every game has these problems. It isn't an EA thing. People are constantly changing companies in this industry, and it is for the most part the same processes and pitfalls for everyone.

As consoles become more advanced, games get bigger and deeper, and more bugs are introduced. You fix everything you can and only the stuff you find.

Pushing back a release date is always a last resort. The game went through the necessary certification process that all games go through, and it was deemed suitable for release.

This roster problem is a big issue that went undetected. We have already created a bot that will name every player on every team for automated testing in the future (and for testing this patch). You learn something new every year and you fix it moving forward. It is a constant learning experience and everyone grows as a game developer every year.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH OMT, that is what I wa after.....some what

Thanks again OMT
Old 07-16-2008, 01:46 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
This is very good news that work has started on finding the issue

Also how many "testers" do you all use in this process of finding issues with the game?
Old 07-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #45
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

What did you study in college to get to where you are?
Old 07-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #46
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Thanks for this OMT and thanks for having the stones to come into the fire and answer questions in a professional manner.

My question(s) is this, maybe you know the answer maybe not but, what is EA seeing as the biggest problem with the game? In other words what are the first couple of things that need to be fixed? I thought I saw Ian mention the rosters in a post somewhere.

As far as testing the game, I noticed that over the last couple of days there have been as many as 700 people reading this forum. It's probably the most popular game for the members. If you are looking for testers and feedback, I'm certain that you could get a solid group from here that would do it for NOTHING. Just because we want a playable game.

This is the game that I as do others look forward to the most every single year but, year after year the game is filled with a not little bugs, but HUGE ones that nearly make the game unplayable. There isn't one person hear that expects a perfect bug free game, but the fact that so many of the problems are so easily identifiable is the frustrating part because someone at EA gave the final approval on this mess.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:04 PM   #47
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
This is very good news that work has started on finding the issue

Also how many "testers" do you all use in this process of finding issues with the game?
Don't know.. check the credits.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:04 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Thanks for this OMT and thanks for having the stones to come into the fire and answer questions in a professional manner.

My question(s) is this, maybe you know the answer maybe not but, what is EA seeing as the biggest problem with the game? In other words what are the first couple of things that need to be fixed? I thought I saw Ian mention the rosters in a post somewhere.

As far as testing the game, I noticed that over the last couple of days there have been as many as 700 people reading this forum. It's probably the most popular game for the members. If you are looking for testers and feedback, I'm certain that you could get a solid group from here that would do it for NOTHING. Just because we want a playable game.

This is the game that I as do others look forward to the most every single year but, year after year the game is filled with a not little bugs, but HUGE ones that nearly make the game unplayable. There isn't one person hear that expects a perfect bug free game, but the fact that so many of the problems are so easily identifiable is the frustrating part because someone at EA gave the final approval on this mess.
I hear what you are saying bro.

But to be honest, from a gameplay side the game is hard to find bugs. There is a couple.

1) Lack of pass rush
2) results in robo QB
3) Lack of CPU QB going deep

But other than those the gameplay is pretty solid. So I can understand where finding a roster bug is hard, or a equpiment error or something like that.

But there is one I don't know how it got by, is all the warping.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »