Home

Call Me Crazy...

This is a discussion on Call Me Crazy... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Call Me Crazy...

I'm actually enjoying this game...Yes it has flaws which I am hoping get worked out with a patch. Overall, however, after 7 games in, I'm enjoying the game quite a bit.

Do I wish that rosters could be named correctly and edited? Of course.

Do I wish the CPU would tone down the underneath / swing patterns? Yep.

Do I wish that the defensive players speed ratings were equally as important as the offensive speed ratings? Yeah - although I haven't had TOO much of a problem getting sacks or tackling if I take the correct angle playing on AA default using Middle Tennessee State.

I don't know...This game isn't without it's flaws, that's for sure. But overall, as it stands right now - I just don't feel like this game is the black hole epitome of doom that a lot of folks are making it out to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Call Me Crazy...

I agree. The bad is scrutinized on this board and the good goes without saying. I have seen some screwy things but overall I am truly enjoying the game. Fix the rosters EA...address a couple bugs in a patch...and we're good to go.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDawg27
I'm actually enjoying this game...Yes it has flaws which I am hoping get worked out with a patch. Overall, however, after 7 games in, I'm enjoying the game quite a bit.

Do I wish that rosters could be named correctly and edited? Of course.

Do I wish the CPU would tone down the underneath / swing patterns? Yep.

Do I wish that the defensive players speed ratings were equally as important as the offensive speed ratings? Yeah - although I haven't had TOO much of a problem getting sacks or tackling if I take the correct angle playing on AA default using Middle Tennessee State.

I don't know...This game isn't without it's flaws, that's for sure. But overall, as it stands right now - I just don't feel like this game is the black hole epitome of doom that a lot of folks are making it out to be.
I agree dawg

I am having my share of issues with the game (made a post about it). But on the whole the gameplay is wonderful. I am loving the gameplay and have had non of the issues with robo QBs or no pressure on QB. The stats and game have been coming out perfect to how a real game would. Even on 7 min quarters my highest scoring game was 20-17. With a game winning iced kicker FG to win the game. Wonderful game, just some issues need addressing.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

100% agree wit yall too. this is the most fun I've had with college since last gen. Once this roster stuff gets worked out I'm good.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #5
Rookie

wazzucoug02's Arena

OVR: 5

My brother and I had a great time last night in our online dynasty. When we lived together in College we always had our dynasty going, but it didn't get far because one system, one TV, so the seasons take forever. Now.....we are both playing at the same time and are already 6 games into our season.

We are both going head to head for players and it's fun to go to recruiting and see who's taken the lead with who. I'm in lead for a 5* QB that is in my brother's own back yard. He is trying desperately to change his mind.

Now....the other issues....played Northern Illinois last night and their QB was 34/37. That is just stupid. There was nothing that I could do because everything was underneath passes. I still won, but wasn't too pleased with how the game went. What can a guy do to get his defense to cover the short routes???????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Yes the game has its good side and its bad, but I think people are gun shy about EA and the little things that are just irritating. The biggest problem that I have is the things that are left out of the game. And glaring glitches that show up after the release. What about the players who do not have their systems online? Its just a kick in the face to drop $60 on a game and it be broken. And the biggest thing that bothers me is I have no other football games to choose from. That said, I am enjoying the game but I think that there are areas of the game that should be fixed and there are features still missing from current gen that should be in the game that are not and there is no excuse for it other than the fact that EA has no competition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »